The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Once they were Canes

Watching Canucks @ Flames. Good ole Marty Gelinas is the Asst. Coach for the Flames.... and Brandon Sutter is playing on the top line with the Sedins for the Canucks.

Good Luck Pat Dwyer

Patrick Dwyer @pattydwyer39 1h1 hour ago

Extremely excited to be joining @MODO_Hockey. My family and I look forward to arriving in Ornskoldsvik. Cheers!

"Modo Hockey (or MODO with uppercase letters) is a professional ice hockey club in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden. The club plays in Sweden's premier ice hockey league, the Swedish Hockey League (SHL; formerly Elitserien)"

Loved Dwyer - hope it goes well for him.

I've seen a post that Drayson Bowman has signed a PTO with Charlotte, but have not yet found confirmation.

I found this

Windsor, CO. - The Colorado Eagles announced Thursday that forward Drayson Bowman has been called-up to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL

Veteran forward loaned to Charlotte Checkers of AHL

Looks like it's true Drakkar.. that was a good find Drakkar

I found this

Looks like it's true Drakkar.. that was a good find Drakkar

Not seeing anything on the Checkers site confirming this, he's not even listed on their roster.

Edited by hopper915

Not seeing anything on the Checkers site confirming this, he's not even listed on their roster.

It happened today. Maybe the Chex will have something by tomorrow. Its difficult to think with multiple sources including the teams website that this hasn't happened

Here is something from the Reporter-Herald

The Colorado Eagles lost a big piece to their offense Thursday with the departure on NHL veteran forward Drayson Bowman to the AHL.

Colorado loaned Bowman to the Charlotte Checkers after picking up three points in his first three contests with the Eagles (all via assists). The 6-foot, 195-winger played in 179 games in his NHL career, most with the Carolina Hurricanes and Montreal Canadiens.

I just wonder what the circumstances are that have the Checkers bringing him in.  Based on stats and game reviews (i obviously haven't seen a game yet this season) they're looking good offensively already - what piece is he going to fit?  I could see them bringing in another defensemen in order to fill a void for the Hurricanes to bring up a full-time 7th guy, but forwards?  The organization is pretty well-stocked with fringe forwards already, many of whom (hopefully) have more potential at the NHL level than Bowman...

Bowman still isn't listed on the Chex roster as of this morning. I guess it is wait and see time. The only reason I can think of getting him is that McGinn is staying up with the big boys.

He very well could be - but then even if he is, that gives the Hurricanes one too many when Nordstrom is healthy.  Unless they want to carry an extra forward as well, dunno.  But i'd have to think sending Nordstrom or Terry to Charlotte will produce as much if not more than Bowman, and without bringing yet another fringe guy into the mix.

Fun to speculate when Bowman isn't even showing up on the Checkers site yet, no?

He very well could be - but then even if he is, that gives the Hurricanes one too many when Nordstrom is healthy.  Unless they want to carry an extra forward as well, dunno.  But i'd have to think sending Nordstrom or Terry to Charlotte will produce as much if not more than Bowman, and without bringing yet another fringe guy into the mix.

Fun to speculate when Bowman isn't even showing up on the Checkers site yet, no?

Done Deal..gocheckers.com

The Checkers announced Friday that they have signed Bowman, who scored 78 points (39g, 39a) in 130 games for Charlotte between 2010-13, to a professional tryout contract.

Definitely a Chex move, not a Canes move. Looks to me like the Chex are committed  to winning this season. From the Chex wedsite:

"Not that the Checkers are hurting for goals (they are currently tied for second in the AHL with an average of 4.8 per game), but Bowman could conceivably help in that category, particularly with Brock McGinn in the NHL and Justin Shugg recently missing time with an upper-body injury."

Edited by LakeLivin

Bowman would have to sign a SPC with the Checkers first, then an NHL deal to ever make it back to our roster.

This team's in worse trouble than i thought if they ever bring Bowman back in.  I'd have brought in Dwyer before giving this guy another sniff.  Not saying i'd bring Dwyer back either, but at least he blocks shots.

This team's in worse trouble than i thought if they ever bring Bowman back in.  I'd have brought in Dwyer before giving this guy another sniff.  Not saying i'd bring Dwyer back either, but at least he blocks shots.

He signed for Modo in Sweden.

I have it from unconfirmed sources that Erik Cole is in the area and asst coaching his kids and others in the Hurricanes youth organization, and is unofficially retired.