The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Traverse City Prospects Tourney

Aleardi has seemed to show some promise too, in an organizationally deficient position at RW.

I was also intrigued with Aleardi but when I looked him up I found that he's listed at 5'9", 167 lbs and is already 22 years old.  Similar to Tolchinsky, but at least the Smurf is only 19 years old and hopefully will continue to grow a bit. Can someone Aleardi's size survive long in the NHL?

Edited by LakeLivin

Traverse City scouting report from The Hockey News: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/scouting-reports-from-traverse-city-part-two/

Carolina

Haydn Fleury, D I always knew Fleury had great size and mobility, but it was great to see the bite he brings to the ice as well. For his first tournament, he looked pretty solid.

Josh Wesley, D Glen’s son may very well be made of brick, as one unfortunate Rangers prospect found out. Otherwise, Josh moves very well and his size is a great asset. He actually played forward for most of his youth, so there’s a lot of upside left to be discovered.

Sergey Tolchinsky, RW Tolchinsky unleashed an absolute laser against Detroit, maintaining his reputation as one player you don’t want to lose track of on the ice. Undersized but dangerous, he was a great free agent signing.

I'm not sure how they failed to mention Rask when he led the entire tourney in scoring . . . :wacko:

Edited by LakeLivin

I was also intrigued with Aleardi but when I looked him up I found that he's listed at 5'9", 167 lbs and is already 22 years old.  Similar to Tolchinsky, but at least the Smurf is only 19 years old and hopefully will continue to grow a bit. Can someone Aleardi's size survive long in the NHL?

Good points, never realized he was that small. Excited to see a healthy Tolchinsky come into camp, and what McGinn does as well as if he's 100%. I think the preseason will be pretty exciting, sad to see only two home games.