The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac22-ch1

Fund-Raiser Help

There are a few things you could do.

just tossing out some ideas:

Agree to do something, like have people through pies at you for a buck.

Do a walk for money, where people donate money and you walk according to how much money they donate.

bakeoff, no one can say no to a cookie.

The more creative and orginal your plan is the better the grade you should receive, plus helping a good charity is a bonus.

hope at least got some of the gears upstairs churning.

Find a way to recruit those who were premies - I was one - to hold a car wash to raise funds for March of Dimes. Interview each one and compile their life stories for your research project.

I was a preemie too...car washes are a good idea. You may want to contact The March of Dimes local chapter and see what they can do to help. Some restaurants in the area donate a portion of their proceeds towards events like these. There are tons of stuff you can do.

I would be willing to do an interview if you go that route.

VRonnie is right, I bet if you contact the local chapter for the March of Dimes you'll get a ton of ideas. I'm also sure they'd be happy you chose them for your senior graduation project. I know they're best known for their National walk-a-thon.

March of Dimes Raleigh Chapter

4112 Pleasant Valley Rd. Suite 208

Raleigh, NC 27612

919-781-2481

http://www.marchofdimes.com/northcarolina/5292_24096.asp

VRonnie is right, I bet if you contact the local chapter for the March of Dimes you'll get a ton of ideas. I'm also sure they'd be happy you chose them for your senior graduation project. I know they're best known for their National walk-a-thon.

March of Dimes Raleigh Chapter

4112 Pleasant Valley Rd. Suite 208

Raleigh, NC 27612

919-781-2481

http://www.marchofdimes.com/northcarolina/5292_24096.asp

Thank you all for your ideas. Im starting off with a bake sale at school and have raised almost $30 just from one hour of selling baked goods today. I have gotten my moms work to donate baked goods and other items for me to sale. Im also going around my school area to local business and seeing if they are willing to donate anything.

Yeah I contacted the March of Dimes and they sent me somethings to help me with fundraising. Im still going to go over there I think sometime this week to talk to one of the people who work there.

Thanks again for your help. I will keep you posted on what I am going to do. This is just the second week of me fundraising so I plan to have more in store.

Nice to know there are some fellow preemies on here. lol.

Thanks,

Karen