The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Gejustin

NHL Game Center Live Blackout Question

Over the summer I moved to Norfolk, VA for a new job. I decided that I don't want to waste money on cable or satellite TV because I never really watch TV. I basically only have watched live sports or HBO for as long as I can remember. Instead, I've opted to spend extra money for a really solid internet package and was planning to buy NHL Game Center Live IF AND ONLY IF I can watch all of the Hurricanes games from Norfolk. 

I know that if you live in an area where Fox Sports is broadcast you cannot watch the Cane's broadcast on Game Center Live. It will be blacked out. Does anyone know if Norfolk is in their broadcast range? Can I watch the other team's broadcast if it is blacked out?

Any information is greatly appreciated, and I hope that this is the appropriate forum for this topic.

Thanks

as a general rule of thumb, if one is in the Canes market, the only programing one can receive must belong to the Canes.   That stated, I have no clue how fat the Canes market extends

i have a somewhat related question. My Time Warner bill is now 20 bucks a month less that my motorcycle payment. I will probably jump off that bandwagon before the end of the month, and I"m looking into Roku. Anybody using Roku now and how do you get Canes games? Any help cutting the cable will be greatly appreciated.

i have a somewhat related question. My Time Warner bill is now 20 bucks a month less that my motorcycle payment. I will probably jump off that bandwagon before the end of the month, and I"m looking into Roku. Anybody using Roku now and how do you get Canes games? Any help cutting the cable will be greatly appreciated.

winger- I don't know about Roku, but I do know you can watch Canes games live online.  Check your private messages.  

Roku does have the NHL GameCenter but it is by subscription and is subject to Canes game blackouts in NC. 

winger- I don't know about Roku, but I do know you can watch Canes games live online.  Check your private messages.  

Roku does have the NHL GameCenter but it is by subscription and is subject to Canes game blackouts in NC. 

Thanks to both of you, I appreciate your help.