The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

*facepalm*

It looks like you can't change an avatar or signature either.

You need access to the Invision side of things for that.  More fixes are coming... ;)

EDIT:  If you click on your own screen name you'll get to the page where you have the option to edit your profile.  Its good we still have access t our profile page but I liked having the log in box access.  Still cant find the PM's or notifications....stay tuned.

EDIT again:  Invision added a new "member bar" where you can find the drop down access to your profile, all notifications and PM's.

pms_zpse8cff04e.png

I see it but how odd it isn't on the message board main menu page. You have to click a forum and its on the individual forum pages. I'm sure they are working on all this.

I see it but how odd it isn't on the message board main menu page. You have to click a forum and its on the individual forum pages. I'm sure they are working on all this.

Mine is :huh:

Mine is log off happy, anytime I use a different PC any PC I've used in the past forgets me being logged in.

It's a forum not a bank account.

I can at least deal with that as opposed to everything else.

Tech support has tried to replicate the quote box issue and cant.  Can someone who's experiencing it document it and take screen shots please?  Also, please describe exactly when you get logged out without doing so yourself.

Thanks!

So that blank post was actually me quoting you TSA.

In Safari I get that problem where I quote you, I can type, but not hit return. Then when I post the entire thing....blank.

This only seems to happen in Safari.

Edited by remkin

to replicate the quote box issue and cant.  Can someone who's experiencing it document it and take screen shots please?  Also, please describe exactly when you get logged out without doing so yourself.

Now in FF, this does not happen. However, the quote box disappears a couple of ways. One is if I try to cut the wrong line from your quote. If it is a long quote and I try to trim it down it will let me as long as I don't try to go to the top line and back space off the page.

Then this happens.

It also happens if you go above the quote box and delete into the quote box.

Tech support has tried to replicate the quote box issue and cant.  Can someone who's experiencing it document it and take screen shots please?  Also, please describe exactly when you get logged out without doing so yourself.

Thanks!

Now it also happens when , then type your response under the quote, the write a little more.

Then some more, really I'm not sure how much I have to type to make it happen so this is kind of a test too.

Then you actually post your response.

Then go back to edit your response (NOT the quoted box, but your own response). If you delete a word from the first line of your response the edited version drops the quote box.

This post has both results. First I deleted from the top of the quote box. Then I quoted you again, made the response above and posted it. Initially the second one was fine. I then went to edit it, and deleted one fwor from the first line of my response: bam, quote box disappeared.

Edited by remkin

So that last one was also the result of me posting too quickly so the software merged my quotes onto one post.

On this one I will just explain rather then try to quote:

There may be more ways to get it to happen, but two ways are:

1. Deleting too close to the beginning of the box. Sometimes this is done because now the quote box shows up with space above it. If you try to clean that up and your deletes hit the box, the box goes away. Sometimes you are trying to clip the relelvant part of the quote you want to respond to from a long post. If you delete the wrong words (the ones near the beginning of the quote) the box goes.

2. Post a response using the quote. Then go back and edit your response. If you mess with any words in your first line: goes.

I'd have to play with it to see, but I think there are other ways to get it to happen.

Quote has sucked for about a year now, you hit quote and nothing happens. You hit reply and all of a sudden you can't type anymore in IE 10.

I'm assuming Rem see's the same issues in Safari.

Only in the last 2 weeks has IE 11 become usable on this site. Til then I would give up on most of my posts.

Ok I think I have something....

If you quote someone its fine...until you go back in and make an edit.  If you edit from the beginning of what you posted its fine but if you back space what you originally wrote the quote boxes disappear.  It seems to matter where you write something when you quote someone and its definitely shows up with an edit.

If you quote someone its fine...until you go back in and make an edit.  If you edit from the beginning of what you posted its fine but if you back space what you originally wrote the quote boxes disappear.  It seems to matter where you write something when you quote someone and its definitely shows up with an edit.

Test quote - mac/chrome

Test Edit - mac/chrome

Test quote mac/safari

Test edit mac/safari

Test quote - mac/FF

Test edit mac/FF

Test reply from win 8.1/IE11

Test edit from win 8.1/IE11

Test quote from win 8.1/ IE11 post IE fix

Test quote - mac/chrome

Test Edit - mac/chrome

Test quote again from win 8.1/IE11

Test edit win 8.1/IE11

Test  win 8.1/chrome

Test final :) 

test test tes

Test final :)

Test quote from win 8.1/ IE11 post IE fix

Test quote again from win 8.1/IE11