The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

Rask just finished off any questions about making this team.  That's a 3-point night.

Jordan is looking pretty dang good to me also.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Saw some good things tonight and some not so good things, A lot of the not so good was when players who won't be here much longer were on the ice.  I did like the system and the hustle. Next game should give us a better idea how the team shapes up.  We do need a feel good win.

My internet connection is so slow I was listening more than watching.  Interesting that just before Rasks 2nd goal the BJs announcer said that Gerbe looked like the most dangerous Cane up to that point.  Liles stats looked ok compared to the rest of the D, how did he actually play?  Anything positive there?

John F, says dobby didnt  look good at all, and we know the top dman werent there, and he says bellemore and liles took a step back... Jordan and rasmus [cant write his last name] stepped up... Im going to get alot of grey hair with this defense i think... And im going to make a  bold prediction, and say  Cam opens up on the 10th, Now, its not because of Dobby tonight, i love dobby, i just got a hunch.. call me crazy.. jmo..  

John F just said live stream of fridays game will be on this site.. Someone give me  a reason by oct  9th, why we make the playoffs..

. Someone give me  a reason by oct  9th, why we make the playoffs..

Everyone will take us lightly and we'll see a bunch of back up goalies.

Of course that didn't help last year....

Just have to hope that we can find enough of a team from the split squads and get some amazing coaching. We still have a decent amount of talent on paper, but losing J. does not help.

Need Rask, Lindholm and Murphy to really step up.

Edited by remkin

Guys, I'm really starting to get some unsettling vibes about this team, and can't tell whether it's real or imagined? I've generally agreed with the approach RF has taken to this point, of "keeping the hand he was

delt", in so far as not selling the farm prior to getting a feeling how this core would perform under a

more unified leadership. That was prior to the devastating injury to our 2ndline stalwart. Faced now with

that setback, and the abject failure to clearly show the potential for even partially compensating for J

Staal's absence, I'd have expected some type of reassessment of this precarious situation,

Now,I fully realize that I'm no hockey guru, and further, I'm not dialed into anything resembling the "in

the know crowd", but to this neophyte hockey fan, unless Francis is dead set on letting the season play out as it will, I can't fathom why we don't take a flyer on Mueller? Further, if I get an indication that this is the plan, no matter what the end game is regarding the upcoming draft, this 10 year STHer will have to reevaluate my own commitment,

Edited by KJUNKANE

Guys, I'm really starting to get some unsettling vibes about this team, and can't tell whether it's real or imagined? I've generally agreed with the approach RF has taken to this point, of "keeping the hand he was

delt", in so far as not selling the farm prior to getting a feeling how this core would perform under a

more unified leadership. That was prior to the devastating injury to our 2ndline stalwart. Faced now with

that setback, and the abject failure to clearly show the potential for even partially compensating for J

Staal's absence, I'd have expected some type of reassessment of this precarious situation,

Now,I fully realize that I'm no hockey guru, and further, I'm not dialed into anything resembling the "in

the know crowd", but to this neophyte hockey fan, unless Francis is dead set on letting the season play out as it will, I can't fathom why we don't take a flyer on Mueller? Further, if I get an indication that this is the plan, no matter what the end game is regarding the upcoming draft, this 10 year STHer will have to reevaluate my own commitment,

My 2 cents:  RF is up against the cap, salary and PK's internal one.  Plus all the guys with no trade clauses won't go the the teams that need and can afford their cap hits(Can't golf in Alberta the 1st week of April, you know).  I see Francis doing a 2 year waiting game, letting big contracts expire or wind down to acceptable trade levels, plus good drafting and the current kids(Rask looked good tonight) step up.  I'm giving the team 2 years or so to start looking better than they did under Rutherford.  Besides, I remember the 2002-2003 season, and the 14 game losing streak of 2009-2010.  It could be much worse.

This isn't the D we are going to dress and a good thing. I didn't like the play of Gleason or JML. I did think Bellemore was pretty good at times but not sure he was good enough.

Gerbe and Rask were the best on the ice IMO. Boychuk was ok.  I think that is our third line.

I really wasn't impressed with the 4th line. I'm not sure why

I only saw two periods so still not a fair look from me.