The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

I'm going to see if my internet connection is fast enough today to watch it online (it's kind of doubtful). If anyone is interested in the site address, pm me. 

Sorry all, what was listed as Canes - BJs is actually showing Vikes - Saints NFL game :(.  I'm thinking no one is televising this preseason Canes game.

So, I guess we won't be going 89-0.

Listinening briefly to the Aftermath, according to Mike Maiscalco, Cam should want a couple back and the glove side high may still be an issue. Peters dismissed it. Luckily it's early, but can he fix that hole?

Maniscalco also mentioned lots of Canes going to the net and carrying play for long stretches. And the PP looked good and potted a couple of goals.

Apparently we've lost our first preseason game 5 straight years. That's it, we're done....kidding.

Love to hear some thoughts of those who were there!

I'd love to hear if anybody at all was there. With pretty much a friends and family only crowds at preseason games, I'll never understand why they don't include some in all STH packages at no charge. I'd ride to Raleigh to see the prospects play, but I'm not paying the same ticket prices as a meaningful NHL game.

First 15 minutes of the game the Canes spent most of the time in the offensive zone. Really felt like we had the jump on the Jackets. Nash and Skinner were best forwards, and I would say Harrison and Sekera on defense. Both teams did some banging. We also need face off work.

So, I guess we won't be going 89-0.

Listinening briefly to the Aftermath, according to Mike Maiscalco, Cam should want a couple back and the glove side high may still be an issue. Peters dismissed it. Luckily it's early, but can he fix that hole?

Maniscalco also mentioned lots of Canes going to the net and carrying play for long stretches. And the PP looked good and potted a couple of goals.

Apparently we've lost our first preseason game 5 straight years. That's it, we're done....kidding.

There were a lot of surges.   Cam let in 3(of course, the D didn't help).  Nash/Lindholm/Skinner looked good. Malone had some nice physical plays.  And we converted on 2 of 5 PP goals.

I'd love to hear if anybody at all was there. With pretty much a friends and family only crowds at preseason games, I'll never understand why they don't include some in all STH packages at no charge. I'd ride to Raleigh to see the prospects play, but I'm not paying the same ticket prices as a meaningful NHL game.

Maybe 1000 people were there.  I'm guessing mainly STH.  I don't blame people.  My seats are have a $64 gate price.  i wouldn't pay that for a preseason game if it wasn't already in my ticket package.

A few take aways.

1. Cam Ward looks like he is in regular form.

2. Our PO is improved with a new system.

2. Terry looked underwhelming.

3. Columbus has 2 games today. This was against their ultimate scrub team and we still lost.

4. Francis actually said "we like our group." In an interview.

Glad to have hockey back but boy do I think we're in for a very rough season...

Edited by bluedevil58

A few take aways.

1. Cam Ward looks like he is in regular form.

2. Our PO is improved with a new system.

2. Terry looked underwhelming.

3. Columbus has 2 games today. This was against their ultimate scrub team and we still lost.

4. Francis actually said "we like our group." In an interview.

Glad to have hockey back but boy do I think we're in for a very rough season...

LOL.  Please tell me I don't sit next to you.  

Edited by coastal_caniac

Per Chip

Chip Alexander @ice_chip  ·  1m

Tolchinsky has gone back to junior. One of 7 players, including Nedeljkovic and Wesley, returned to junior teams. Camp number now 44

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes  ·  19m

#Canes return Bishop, Pedersen, Tolchinsky, Ganly, Jenkins, Wesley and Nedeljkovic to junior clubs.

Peters isn't wasting anytime culling the heard. Fleury is still in camp according to Chip

Well, I'm 3 for 3 this weekend, all losses!! Canes definitely were pretty much anticipated, but LSU and Panthers, ugh.

Count me in as appreciating Peters no nonsense approach. Culling down the troops quickly so as to give the big guys plenty of time to gel makes much sense to me.Youngsters had their taste, and now know what Peters and The System he is going to employ expects. Go back and work on it. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, not watering things down to allow stragglers to catch up, seems like that's his MO.

I like.

From what I'm reading Skinner and Nash had a good game. Sekera was solid. Ward-0 was decent but not spectacular. The Power Play looked better overall. Did I get it right?

I know exhibition games are meaningless when it comes to the score but I think this team needs a couple pre-season wins to build some confidence. 

Here at camp right now...

Fleury, because of his size, can cover a lot of space. And I think he'll be a fine player one day. Having said that, he looked exhausted at times, as well as lost. I highly doubt he's going to beat out guys like Gleason/Harrison/Murphy.

Lol, they had Brind Amour run drills which was very entertaining to everyone sitting around me. He got out skated pretty badly.

Peters is very loud. Mo and Muller were hard to hear in the stands, but Peters is very audible. Uses a lot of profanity.

Dobby gets the start in game 2 and MacIntyre gets the nod in game 3. Appears to me that Peters wants a good look at all our goalies.

Mike Maniscalco @mikemaniscalco  ·  12m

Alexander Semin will not play tomorrow night against Buffalo. Precaution in dealing with his offseason wrist injury per Bill Peters

Bill Peters expects more roster moves after Wednesday's game

Holding Staal out the first game and Semin the second is probable the smart move. They are coming off an injury and it isn't like Peters doesn't know what they will bring. It makes room and gives him a chance to look at another young player. I think that will be important if the need arises to call someone up later. It also will give a prospect some real time game like experience before being sent down.

Yeah, we have 7 preseason game for crying out loud, E and Semin will get plenty.

Game one was a split goalie game. Wonder if Khudini gets all of game 2 or if Ward gets back in again?

If Peters likes the salty language maybe get HBO in here, they like that. (I guess they're not doing it this year).

Game one was a split goalie game. Wonder if Khudini gets all of game 2 or if Ward gets back in again?

I'm guessing half to Kudo and half to Altshuler (or maybe 2 periods/ 1 period) after which Altshuler is immediately sent back down.

After Traverse City Nedeljkovic looks like he clearly jumped Altshuler as a prospect.

Edited by LakeLivin

I'm guessing half to Kudo and half to Altshuler (or maybe 2 periods/ 1 period) after which Altshuler is immediately sent back down.

After Traverse City Nedeljkovic looks like he clearly jumped Altshuler as a prospect.

According to http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=731297&navid=DL|CAR|home:

Kudo starts, Drew MacIntyre backup.  MacIntyre starting Wednesday.