The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

I hope Skinner is ok. Not sure how many more headshots the kid can take before he ends up like Marc Savard or Eric Lindros. We need to start defending our guys when stuff like this happens. Someone should have at very least gotten in Niskanen's face and acted like he wanted to rumble bare minimum. Teams know when they play us they can push us around and we do nothing about it.

I honestly cant remember a time when we had all of our keys guys going at once. Two key pieces down in the Preseason?! Thats insane. Can we please get real for once. I get the point of preseason and win/lose it does not matter but when we look like a bunch of rusty out of touch players what does that say. By end of preseason that rust is supposed to start coming off not getting worse.

This team has had the same problems for years and does nothing about them. The team since it started revolving full time around Eric Staal has gone to crap. That is a fact. We keep trying to put pieces around him and build the team around him but it does not work. It just doesnt. Look at guys like Malkin, put any guy on a line with him and he makes them look like a rockstar, yet our leader bitched and moaned about getting a better guy to play with him and thats why he was being held back. Just stop it.

We need to redfine what the word "untouchable" means on this team. I honestly think there no way we would get a player of top caliber back for Staal. We would have to get a roster guy a rook and some picks. For instance Staal for Zetterberg would never happen ( Zetterberg makes less money btw) but Zetterberg for Staal would happen, maybe we might need to add a piece or two. What does that say?

We have tried everything, new players, goalies, tried to add depth and grit and no matter what we do it does not work. We have had like 10 coaches etc. To me personally that means that there is something else wrong and after seeing this team over the years I believe its Eric Staal. Lets just start the rebuild and stop trying to build a team around an over rated pouting, bad penalty taking, under achiever and lets look to the future. Did Brindy pout ever? Did Francis? No they hustled gave 110% and did what they had to the way all leaders should. I was on the fense but its official: blow it up! Just stop wasting fans time and money.

And thats all I have to say about that...Jenn-ay.

Edited by Kopes2718

Of all of our problems, Faulk/Sekera is not one of them. Sometimes McGuire kills me. Look at this team. Look at what our issues are. That's what you come up with? Ha.

Points out to me how clueless much of the national media is about us. Too focused on the powerhouses and teams north of the boarder to really have a clue about us. All the more frustrating that we don't get to put our best out there to start....show'em.

To be fair: McGuire did talk a bit about the Skinner and J. Staal injuries.  I guess there was nothing new there, so he spent some time talking blue line woes.

Cough, cough, I'm not so sure he's too far off base there either.

Well, there you go. Colton Orr, Frazer McLaren and Korbinian Holzer all placed on waivers by Toronto. Pick one Ron, or submit this team to interminable physical beat downs.

Boychuk and LaRose just assigned to the Checkers.

RIP Boychuk.

Haha! Love that last part of your comment Coastal. Personally, I never felt Boychuk would stick with the big club. He just doesn't seem to play at NHL game speed or have that needed scoring touch. It's not that I don't like him, it's just that for whatever reason he will never make the jump. Hope Charlotte makes him the "C", because he's definatly there to stay. Maybe this is their year for the Calder Cup?! Gotta have hope somewhere, why not with the Checkers? Edited by shauniac79

So Brown is still up here. Interesting to see what he can bring. He seems like he is big.... Terry is up here still too.

I thought Brown was sent to Charlotte a couple of days ago?! After the game Friday or am I mistaken?

All I can say about Boychuk is, when we are searching for where to point fingers of blame, I think we need look no further than the pre-RF scouting department? A 1st rounder who winds up as an AHL lifer speaks volumes, alto I suppose one could point to faulty development as well?

Boychuk and LaRose just assigned to the Checkers.

RIP Boychuk.

I have to agree on Boychuk at this point too, I mean how many times does this guy get the inside track and lose the race?

Sad though.

All I can say about Boychuk is, when we are searching for where to point fingers of blame, I think we need look no further than the pre-RF scouting department? A 1st rounder who winds up as an AHL lifer speaks volumes, alto I suppose one could point to faulty development as well?

Yes and no. Some guys make every jump to every level - except that last one. Boychuk can still be an important depth guy for us, but unless he proves to be a very late bloomer, he just isn't top-six material in this league.

And a bunch of folks here wanted Mueller.    Great plan.  Let's collect concussed players.

I'm one of those and I stand by the call. Sure Mueller would have come with some risk.  But he'd have come at no cost and with at least the possibility of providing some help.  Are we better off sitting on the roster we've got rather than taking a chance on someone like Mueller?  It's clear to me that we need to add something, and Mueller seemed like the only option available to RF given the constraints he's under. No, I don't want to collect concussion prone players, but Skinner made it through an entire season last year.  Any productive time from a natural RWer like Mueller while Jordan recovers would have proved to be a good move imo.  And he's on a 1 year, 2-way contract so the worst possible outcome is that he would have played in Charlotte for the year. 

As someone else said, "don't do something, just stand there".  :P   

Edited by LakeLivin

You are spot on KJUN, JR hires ppl to make the team successful thru drafting and developing world class players. Only three of those player even make the cut as a success, Staal, Skinner, and Faulk. Very telling what the future may hold for his new team, Pittsburgh. I really hope he leaves them in the same mess he left us with. That would just be hilarious. I really feel bad for RF at this point. I will not place any blame on him, and really hope he can build the roster back up to prominence. My hope is PK really does sell his stake in the team and a new owner comes in with an open mind and wallet to revive the Carolina Market. I'm so sick of hearing the negative comments in the media and elsewhere about our team.

Edited by shauniac79

Oh man, poor Boychuck, not a good day for him I'm sure.  I wouldn't count him out though, he'll be called up as soon as someone is injured and you never know, he could start burying them and stay here.   I guess the fact that they sent them two down means that Skinner looking ok for friday night.

I'm wondering what we ever did to the Hockey Gods to deserve this, and what we need to sacrifice to lift this curse.  

I think the hockey gods gave us the cup in 2006 but said we have to have 10 years of bad luck and missing the playoffs to balance it out.

Point well made, top shelf-1. And as a caveat, this in a capsule should be an answer to those on here calling for us to "tank", don't you think?

And Lake, I totally agree with you on Mueller. Further, just because he's had a concussion doesn't negate what he could have done for us. I just wonder, with the way things appear to be playing out, if RF is having any 2nd thoughts?

Edited by KJUNKANE