The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

I agree.  Last season just left me very bitter.  That was some very bad hockey that we all experienced.  Some of the worst hockey that I have ever seen.  Meanwhile Muller was always saying how he thought we played well after loss after loss.  It was just hard to stomach.

At least with this coach, he seems like he will hold people accountable and is an in your face kind of guy just like how Lavi was.  We'll see what happens.  At least it appears that we have a good 4th line for once so that's a plus.  I am also toying with the idea of demoting Jordan to 3C and using the Skinner-Nash-Lind line as the 2nd scoring line for this team.  They seem to be pretty solid.....

I used a lot of profanity last year watching this team.If it helps him get his point across,he can swear all day long!! No choir boy here.

DITTO- besides if it works the crowd will be so loud again you will have to read lips to even know what he's saying lol

LETS GO %$- (oops) CANES

Throwing stuff is also fair game. :grin:

Coaches need to throw stuff once in a while. 

Get kicked out of a game even...

Anything other than the many faces of Kirk Muller.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Looking at a couple of replays of the PP, looks like Peters (or more likely Brindy) moved the player from the goal line below the face off circle positioned between there and the attacking goal and brought that guy up to play the slot on the goal side of the faceoff circle.  Ever wonder why nobody seemed to ever be in front of the net of the PP under Muller...see above.

Also, and for those that were paying attention (I know you were), E. Staal is the guy Muller stuck down there last year (yeah, E. Staal, the guy with 1 count em' 1 PP goal last year). :help:

Now we have a player that can get free in the slot or be in position to screen the goalie, depending on how the play develops.  Or, that player can float behind the net, which E. Staal does very well.

Simple move really, that's how most teams run it.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Throwing stuff is also fair game. :grin:

Coaches need to throw stuff once in a while. 

Get kicked out of a game even...

Anything other than the many faces of Kirk Muller.

Amen, brother

It is always nice to beat Buffalo no matter whats at stake. So lets beat Buffalo

Boychuk/JStaal/Tlusty is the top line.

Other @NHLCanes lines for tonight McGinn/Rask/Nemisz. Gerbe/Nash/Shugg. Woods/Sutter/Ja. Staal

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes  ·  3h

#Canes defensive pairs: Hainsey-Faulk Gleason-Liles Jordan-Rissanen

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl  ·  3h

Sabres' lines for tonight: Moulson-Ennis-Stafford, Dalpe-Girgensons-Gionta, Deslauriers-Reinhart-Stewart, Lemieux-Grigorenko-Kaleta.

The Boy gets his chance to show tonight.

Dalpe gets a chance to show us we made a mistake

Dobby in net. The Boy gets a chance to show. Dalpe gets a chance to snub his nose at us.

Interesting that Liles and Nash are getting a 2nd straight game. Maybe because they're asking Liles to potentially switch to the right side so want to give him extra work there?  Not sure what it might mean with respect to Nash . . .

Edited by LakeLivin

Does kind of seem like the B team. 

Really want to see something from Boychuk.

I'll take Boychuk's chances over Dalpe's, even w/ Buffalo probably having more openings.

Thanks for the audio link OBXer. Very cool. Man this guy sure seems to have his act together. Sharp, no nonsense, but mainly sharp and concise. 

I do think that E. will keep the C, but it does sound like the A's at least seem to be up for grabs. (To be honest he sounds like they're all up for grabs, but I just can't see the C getting stripped).

Edited by remkin

Interesting that Liles and Nash are getting a 2nd straight game. Maybe because they're asking Liles to potentially switch to the right side so want to give him extra work there?  Not sure what it might mean with respect to Nash . . .

Speculation is always dangerous but having said that it can be a lot of fun.  My guess is Peters is trying to determine the best fit for Nash. It appears he wanted to see him with Skinner and Lindy and now wants to take a look at him without the two young talents on his flanks. Nash did have chemistry from time to time with Gerbe last season. I'm sure (ok I think) Peters wants to find out if Nash can be a force in his own right.

My guess is Nash is auditioning for either second or third line center. Tonight might be an important night for him.

Also Rask is getting a lot of buzz lately. The 3rd line center job is definitely Nash's to lose, but Rask might at least get a shot at it. So we give Nash a lot of ice and then Rask a good bit of ice to help make that call.

While I love McGinn, Neimisz and he aren't exactly putting Rask between Semin and Skinner. But this is just game 2.

It will be interesting to see if Rask and/or McGinn get in again tomorrow with diffent linemates. Or maybe if they're still around...STL.

To me Nash has the very very inside track over Rask to start the year, and Boychuk has the inside track over Terry for that third line wing and Boychuk has the very inside track over McGinn to start the year. So there are at least 4 tracks if you're keeping score at home.

Basically it would take some serious head-turning chops for either Rask or McGinn to displace Nash or Boychuk, and not start in Charlotte.

I didn't think Rask had a shot but now I'm beginning to think he might. If he does my guess is Nash will stay with Skinner and Lindy as second line center. E would move to J's wing and Rask either 3rd or 4th line.

But yes it is only the second exhibition game so we have a ways to go before that kind of decision is made.

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes  ·  1m

Rod Brind'Amour took a puck to the head during warm-ups. Required a few stitches, but he's behind the bench. Hashtag hockey player.

Ya gotta love Brindy.

I'm trying to follow the game on radio and two twitter feeds. Still not sure whats going on except it appears Dobby is getting an early workout.

Boychuk is getting a good look. He had 6 and half min of ice time in the first. We are winning the face-off war too.

Just heard that about J. That better not be serious.

In a suddenly potentially related thing, Chuck called out Rask's play as very good.

Rask may be making this team.... Fingers crossed for Jordan .Enroth always stands on his head against us..Love  Nashs play.

34 shots on net... Got a bad feeling about  Jordan, hope im wrong..

no worries Whaler1....your reason is valid! lol

Cam kinda scares me....3 out of 13, one being high glove side.  Other goals, as in the past, can be blamed on lack of D support, but he has an obvious weakness the rest of the league knows about.