The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

The Islander official web site in the game preview stated  Tonight's game will be streamed live on Islanders TV. I'm gonna guess that is the Islander TV listed on their official site. I'm going to check it out when I get home from work tonight.

Yes, Isles TV can be accessed directly from their website.

Just hook up your laptop to your big screen and you are good to go.

Looking forward to watching.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Tonight's lines per Michael Smith:

Skinner-Lindholm-Tlusty
Gerbe-Rask-Boychuk
Malone-McClement-Brown
McGinn-Holmstrom-Di Giuseppe

Sekera-Faulk
Harrison-Murphy
Hainsey-Bellemore

MacIntyre
Khudobin

Edited by coastal_caniac

Where have you seen this?

They’ll do so down a forward in Jordan Staal who, in a back-to-back exhibition situation likely wouldn’t have played anyway, but now is out for an undetermined amount of time after suffering a broken bone in his lower right leg during the third period of Tuesday’s game in Buffalo.

“It’s down low in the ankle area,” head coach Bill Peters said. “It sounds like he’ll come back with us to get x-rays and an MRI done so we’ll have more accurate information.”

From the Preview for tonight.

Other then the obvious of wanting to see how Lindholm and Rask do at center tonight I'm really interested in seeing how these D pairs do tonight. The pairs are combos that could be in our regular season line-up. I'm not saying they are the pairs that will be only that they are all players that could be and have been. 

Id say plug the hole with the youngsters, and move up the next guy in line... Then play some hockey like

its your last game every game..We all know its real close or either its the time to rebuild and

move toward the future.. 

I'm liking Gerbe-Rask-Boychuk. Those three were dangerous on the rush all night, and solid defensively.  Rask another strong game.

Faulk-Sekera picked up where they left off.

Nice to have special teams again.

Impressed with how dogged on the puck Peters has these guys playing.

Skinner.

Congrats to Peters for his first win.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I missed the entire game because of work. Life isn't fair. I'm sure I can find some highlights. Very encouraging that this group found the way to win and score on the PP. It appears Rask had another good game at the dot. 

Another thing...and something that's so different under Peters....

Any D-man with possession in the neutral zone and leading a rush has a green light to just go.

I'm really liking that.  Seems to bring out Murph's game a little more over last year.  Faulk too.  It was cool seeing him tear down the wing with a puck.

Tonight I thought overall that really had a big impact on the game in driving possession.

And thank you Coach Smith, our D is attacking instead of sitting back and being the 24th ranked squad like last year with stick checks.

Don't know how all this will turn out in wins and losses, but it's a different philosophy on how to play the game.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Observations from last nights game:

1. Boychuck and Gerbe were flying.  I mean these guys were fast.  Meanwhile Rask was good prepositionally and in the circle but lagged behind in the skating department.  I am not sure how this will affect his game.  But I will say this.  If Boychuck can skate like that on a regular basis he will not only keep his spot in the NHL but be a good contributor.

2.  Murphy looks bigger and our new system of giving the D the green light to go in is helping him.  It's a shame Bellemore kept him out a lot of the game.

3.  Sekera is as good as last season if not better.

4.  Skinner is dangerous every time he touches the puck.

5.  Lindy was weak at the center position.  He lost almost every faceoff.  He needs to get better at this if he is to fill the void.

Right now I am leaning towards Rask manning the 2C or 3C-A/3C-B line.  This is of course as expected.  His skating is what scares me though.

I literally laughed at the boxscore when I realized Bellemore not once, not twice, but three times took a penalty within 10 seconds of exiting the box. I'd guess Peters wanted to bench him but he couldn't get the guy to the bench to bench him!

Bellemore was pathetic. 3 straight penalties.Out of the box/penalty,out of the box/penalty,out of the box/fight. He might not see further action for quite some time. Peters won't put up with this sh...