The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2014 Training Camp and Exibition Games

Trust me, I don't want to get into Ward being that bad, but if he has a bad outing, this discussion might heat up again.

Here's hoping it doesn't.  :crossfingers: .

Come on Cam, bring it! :Goalie: .

Notice how that goalie is covering glove side high...just saying...

On another note, sure would be nice if all of these preseason games were streamed....

I was thinking the same thing. Especially since we haven't had much of a chance to see some of the prospects.

Nice piece in the News and Observer about Rask.

Coach says...

“Victor Rask looks like he wants to push to be on our team and play some valuable minutes,” Peters said.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/29/4193858/canes-rask-hears-good-things-from.html?sp=/99/103/400/120/#storylink=cpy

That's probably high praise from Peters.

Thanks SD. 

Trying to align the struggles of last year for Rask with all the buzz from this year and that article does it.

He improved over the year, and then improved more in the offseason. Great to hear. Now I'd like to see!

Plus those face-off numbers not to shabby either. 

May have our center situation coming together. 

0ok, my man crush will always be there for Cam!   Cant see him being bought out, because he still  has  GAME!  goooooooooooooo  Cammmmmmmmmmmmmmm   GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A sharp Cam Ward according to Chuck. Save % at this point .955. Only goal on the 5 on 3 tipped. The best thing in this game it would seem at this point. But could be a huge good thing.

Not thrilled about being badly outshot at this point. Good on Murphy though.

Finally, I have an issue with the Blues. I am trying to listen to the game on the radio, and the Blues have a defenseman named Linbohm? Really? Come on!

OK, Canes on the PP gotta go.

Edited by remkin

Steen with a  late goal, 2-1 late in 2nd... 2-1 blues .. comon canes, good showing in 3rd... And i hope the Blues player that hit Fleury high, gets payback in the 3rd...

May have spoke too soon. Was that a soft goal?

It didn't sound like. Might of deflected off a D-man

well 30 feet out..... i got Chuck on radio.., so hard for me to say.... if we can shut them down in 3rd, it will be an impressive effort.from Cam.. We  have 12 shots after 2 periods, that wont get it done...

Edited by dinz

Canes have dominated in the 3rd, but had multiple power plays, couldnt connect...3-1 now... that will do it... i still say a improvement for  Cam, defense fell asleep on 2 of the  3 goals.. Cam will be the back up to Dobby.. imo... Jenner for  Columbus [a canes killer] has a fracture of the thumb...as Canes head to Columbus..tomorrow night

On the aftermath, John F, says  Canes werent  physical enough,  sounds familar,  but blues a very good team..Are  we  big enough to contend for 60 minutes.... 10 million dollar  question.. Rask maybe a  step down tonight, but he gets another chance tomorrow night.I do believe as John says     St Louis can be a Stanley Club team.

Some reaction after last nights game via Michael Smith

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes  ·  12h 12 hours ago

#Canes head coach Bill Peters called his team "flat" tonight. Said Cam Ward played well.

Ward on his game: "I think today was a step in the right direction with the way I felt, despite the score."

E. Staal on the PP: "Tonight we fanned on passes and didn't execute. When you do that, it's going to be a long night.

It was difficult for me to get a real feel for the game but what came through sounded like Ward had a decent night. Now its on to Ohio  where we get to face Bob in goal.

Not much chatter going on this morning, so I'll start. Only caught bits and pieces of last night's game, so my comments are very limited. I realize we're only at Pre-game #4, but I'd like to get some reassurances

that this team is trending upward? So far, it sounds like the only noise made by anyone has been rendered

by a few of our "support" players. Too, the one sign that we might be on to something was the early signs

of life the power play might be emerging from its seasons' long hibernation! NOT, last night was status quo for this team, it seemed.

Now, I'm aware that St Louis is an early preseason pick to make some noise, and our so-called "Big Guns"

have just now gotten into some type of skirmish, but come on Canes. Give this STH some reason to not hate

on 41 round trips of approximately 150 miles!! Please!!

It would be nice to get a win tonight. Just to get that feeling. But has to be another split squad game.

It is hard to make much of preseason when we (and the other guys) are rolling split squads. Eric and Semin were playing their first game. It is even harder when the game is only on radio, and not many are going to commit that kind of time to carefully listen to a pre season game on the radio, even as great as Chuck is.

Team was flat according to Peters, and did not generate enough offense. By like 5 minutes into the second they had around 6 shots. Hopefully that was a one night thing.

I'll take away that Cam looked good or at least not bad. Goalies need games to get in their groove and any improvement from him at this point could be huge. One goal sounded a bit soft, but the other two were not and he made some big saves too apparently.

Even the best PP's have off games.

I  was hoping to keep hearing Rask's name, I did hear Chuck say near the end of the second that Rask had been quiet.

I think Columbus is streaming tonight's game, so at least we can watch.

Edited by remkin

Anyone seen a line up for tonight? I know Khudini but who else is playing?

When I click on the Columbus game tab on the website I get stuff about last night's game.

I think Columbus is streaming tonight's game, so at least we can watch.

Cool, be nice to start watching some games.

Anyway the Defense is probably going to be the 6 that didn't play last night. 3 vetran / 3 new guys I believe.

Michael Smith comes through again.  The lineup

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes  ·  1h 1 hour ago

#Canes forward lines vs. #CBJ: Gerbe-Rask-Boychuk Malone-McClement-Dwyer Di Giuseppe-Brown-Woods McGinn-Sutter-Sandlak

Anton Khudobin starts in net tonight for the #Canes. He'll get the entire game. Cam Ward will serve as the back-up.

#Canes defensive pairs: Hainsey-Gleason Liles-Bellemore Jordan-Rissanen

We probable saw our top 6 last night. Tonight we might be seeing our 3/4 line. Only a hunch

Not sure what CBJ is icing tonight but most of the game could be played in our end with that lineup if CBJ is testing out their top lines.

Michael Smith comes through again.  The lineup

We probable saw our top 6 last night. Tonight we might be seeing our 3/4 line. Only a hunch

I think you are right. Want to see something from Rask and Boychuk tonight.

The bottom 6 of tonight's game are all fighting for one possible spot, but likely all end up in Charlotte.

I think you are right. Want to see something from Rask and Boychuk tonight.

The bottom 6 of tonight's game are all fighting for one possible spot, but likely all end up in Charlotte.

The D-men are too. Peters said he was going to play some who normally play right side on left side and vice-versa. I don't think the D pairs are set yet.  Dobby might need to be very sharp tonight