The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

Random Thoughts....

Ah, now that's getting imaginative.

Agree, logo is too small again.

These are cool!

I want to see the away version of that.  :)

Edited by coastal_caniac

Ah, now that's getting imaginative.

Agree, logo is too small again.

These are cool!

I want to see the away version of that.  :)

I don't know how you'd do an away version using that gradient fading.  For an away jersey, seems like you'd need a fair amount of white in it.  White fading into red would give you a lot of pink, not the best for a hockey team, lol.  White fading into black seems like it would just be dull, and also hard to blend in the red flag stripe we all want. So until I see something better I'm going with this one last offshoot of the flag concept RNT introduced. 

The sleeve stripe is comprised of two thin flag stripes around a black center stripe.  You'd only notice that the sleeve stripes contain flags up close, which seems ok to me given the visibility of the flags at the bottom of the jersey.  I mean, right now the team boasts about the flag detail on the inside of the neck and that is only visible when the jersey is on a hangar :blink:.  Oh, and I'd still add laces.

Granted, not nearly as cool as the proposed "gradient" home unis, but I still like it better than what we've got now.

carolina_hurricanes-road-flags.jpg

Edited by LakeLivin

Still no promotions schedule up...are bobbleheads back this year? Holiday autographed hockey pucks? Anything? And what happened to the silent auction - two preseason games and no silent auction items on the web site to bid on? What's going on?!

I'm not sure how hard it is to line up sponsers for the bobble heads, but it sure seems to sell tickets.

One bobble head night I was supposed to bring one back from my daughter, but ended up delayed getting the game and they were gone. I thought, "Well they passed out 10,000 of these things, someone will leave one behind after the game".

And we did find one. ONE. I know a couple of others were looking, and probalby found a couple, but seroiusly people want those things.

So has anyone identified our new "goal song" yet?  Better or worse than Song 2 ?

The song is called "The Nights" by Avicii. If you listen on you tube it's at 1:02 into the song. It's a repetitive synthesizer riff with some Hey-Hey's in the background. PNC flashed the hey hey on the jumbotron for the crown to chant along with. Not saying anyone did. It is on the soundtrack for FIFA 15 video game I was told. The change from Song 2 is nice. Don't know if I'd say it's better but I imagine it'll grow on me since I'll start associating it with being happy after a Canes goal.

The song is called "The Nights" by Avicii. If you listen on you tube it's at 1:02 into the song. It's a repetitive synthesizer riff with some Hey-Hey's in the background. PNC flashed the hey hey on the jumbotron for the crown to chant along with. Not saying anyone did. It is on the soundtrack for FIFA 15 video game I was told. The change from Song 2 is nice. Don't know if I'd say it's better but I imagine it'll grow on me since I'll start associating it with being happy after a Canes goal.

Thanks. I checked it out on YouTube but I think it might be something I need to hear in person before getting a real good feel for.  It's not an instant home run imo, but hopefully we'll get a lot of chances to hear it this year so it can grow on us. :crossfingers:

Edited by LakeLivin

That's it, thanks.

I didn't know it had changed and it took me off guard.  Yes, it is different.  I thought it was time for a change so I guess I won't complain and give it a chance.

I have to admit I am a guilty pleasure fan of Avicii. That and I have another wall of blue hurricanes up here for a second.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I found an old project from earlier this year that I never finished.  This was my idea for a red jersey still using my simple concepts.  This doesn't really add much to the discussion that ended back in October, and obviously this was started before E got traded, but I think it still furthers the movement to bring back the flags.  (Original picture credit of nhluniforms.com)

Hurricanes%20Uni%20Red%20Final_zpspgiliu