The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
EventingCaniac

my mom is in a better place now

Anyone who has lost a family member-and we all have-knows how difficult this is. To think of living your life without her presence must be unbearable. Just remember that she is a part of you and always will be, and as long as you are here, her existance is continued within you. Yes, grieve appropriately, but keep those parts of her in you alive-the things that you learned from her, and all the great memories that you have of her-and she will always be with you.

May the Force be with you,

Gipper

I'm sorry to hear about that. My wifes grandmother passed away a few months ago, just from natural causes (heart failure), but she was a grandmother to me as well. We knew then that it was the end as well, but when it finally happens, it still hurts no matter if you know it was going to happen. If you need someone to talk to, PM me please. I'd like to think I could try to be helpful in anyway possible.

I know how you feel. My mother died of cancer 22 years ago. Even though we knew her death could be at any time, when it came we were all very shocked, saddened, and felt a great loss just like yourself. I believe God gives us memories to help us with the seperation of loved ones until we can meet again. As some have already said, as long as you have memories you will have a part of your mother with you.

God bless and we will be praying for you and your family.

Our combined thoughts and prayers across the miles to you and your family, WardCaniac. Our hearts go out to you -- it sounds as if your mother was a wonderful, generous woman with tremendous kindness.

With sympathy,

Jan and David/GSBG and Mr. GSBG

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Hang on to all the wonderful memories you had throughout the years and you will get through it. Its a tough battle but I know you can do it. My best friend lost his mom a few years ago and it was a rough for a while. Stay with family and friends and try to think of only the good times. Take it easy and feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

Marcus

I am so sorry to read of the death of your mother. I lost my own to lung cancer in the summer of 2002. She suffered horribly and even though having her die was the last thing I really wanted, at the end, we were all desperate for her to let go just so that her suffering would end.

You will be in an emotional whirlwind for a long time. Don't expect yourself to return to "normal" in a matter of weeks. It won't be unusual to have your bottom drop out unexpectedly months and years after this. As I tell my patients, the measure of the pain of your grief & loss is equal to the measure of your love. However much you love someone, that is how much their loss will cost you. But that is also how much joy and happiness they brought to your life, and enriched the character of your soul.

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I have had family members die from cancer. It's hard to make it through the long battle. I know your mother must have been very brave.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Much Love, Karen

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My grandmother battled double breast cancer several years ago and is doing well. My grandfather has Waldenstom's Cancer which is incurable and it's starting to take it's toll on him. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest prayers go out to you and your family. I know it was hard to see her go ... a bittersweet feeling of loss and relief.

Just as your mother is now at peace, so may God's peace rest upon you and all those you love.