The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2015 NHL Entry Draft

I think Boston's going to package that pick with their other 1st rounder to move up to #3 and take Hanifin.  Boooo!

It's getting REALLY interesting...Spector's is reporting that the Pens are kicking the tires on Skinner.

Doubt they are going to let the Leafs fan poll drive the pick

No "pick the player" draft contest majority rule?

But there is a general vibe that the Leafs want Marner. Their fans are picking up on something as their poll is way out of whack with the NHL.com poll which should be from a broad fan base. One of the rumors today is that if Marner is gone, they might flip with us. Not sure what that would cost us. Leafs beat writers are putting that out there, not fans.

Edited by remkin

I think Boston's going to package that pick with their other 1st rounder to move up to #3 and take Hanifin.  Boooo!

That might make sense. I really thought Boston was high on Hamilton, so trading him really surprised me. But then w/ Chara aging, a bold move for Hanifin would make more sense.

That might make sense. I really thought Boston was high on Hamilton, so trading him really surprised me. But then w/ Chara aging, a bold move for Hanifin would make more sense.

Oh man, you should see some of these candian hockey fans right now.  They are absolutely giving it to the Bruins fans.  It was smart by the Bruins if they end up getting the 3rd or 4th overall pick, but the deal by itself was horrible.  Hamilton is a legit top defender at age 22.  That would be just like us trading Faulk.

Oh man, you should see some of these candian hockey fans right now.  They are absolutely giving it to the Bruins fans.  It was smart by the Bruins if they end up getting the 3rd or 4th overall pick, but the deal by itself was horrible.  Hamilton is a legit top defender at age 22.  That would be just like us trading Faulk.

Yeah, I was having trouble processing the deal too. Now reading more about it, the writers in the rumor mill are tweeting lots of "Bruins Botched It" stuff. One guy called it a fireable event. One guy said they better have a plan besides the picks (making the trade up scenario seem better). Others said that there were better offers and that many teams didn't even know he was being shopped. 

Maybe they panicked in an attempt to get enough picks together to trade up before the draft. I guess we'll see. But if that is the plan, then there is clearly a market to trade up for Hanifin, assuming that's their target.

Edited by remkin

Lucic to Kings for 13th. Bruins will probably go for Hannifin

They would be silly to trade all three picks for Hanifin.  They've given up too much to get those picks.  That would be Hamilton/Lucic/1st for him.  If that's what they want to do they deserve it.

So is Chip reading what we are or does he have some other info?

Does seem likely that both Boston and maybe Columbus are seriously looking to move up. 

What price does Arizona want for the catbird seat? 

Does seem that Chip and Luke are not thinking Marner for us.

They would be silly to trade all three picks for Hanifin.  They've given up too much to get those picks.  That would be Hamilton/Lucic/1st for him.  If that's what they want to do they deserve it.

Sorry, should have been specific. I meant some type of package, not all 3 picks.

Anyway, Hanifin is likely 3rd overall. Looks like Strome may be available to Canes. We'll see.

So IF say Boston trades up and gra

Sorry, should have been specific. I meant some type of package, not all 3 picks.

Anyway, Hanifin is likely 3rd overall. Looks like Strome may be available to Canes. We'll see.

It's now being reported that AZ is actually keeping the pick and drafting a prospect.  

Man, sudden change in plans and I have to go for dinner during the draft. :facepalm2:

This is getting interesting. IF AZ trades the pick....

That is an interesting scenario, and does look very possible Manwolf. Interesting because I have seen hardly anyone predict Strome to us, which would quite possibly be there, and possible because:

Boston or Columbus trade up to #3: take Hanifin.

Now, w/ Hannifin gone the supposed Toronto conflict w/ Babcock wanting defense shifts a bit and they probably take their boy Marner (unless they totally defer to Babcock and take Provorov). 

So, if Hanifin and Marner go 3-4 how many take Strome? Provorov? Still try to trade down?

Edit: and is AZ just posturing about not trading down to get the pot sweetened, after all if Columbus and Boston are in, there could be a bidding war.

Edited by remkin

I think Arizona is listening to all offers, and  Strome goes to Arizona, The local kid, Marner, to Toronto, and i do the Irish Jig, as Hanifin falls to us!    Please Hockey gods! ;)

I think Arizona is listening to all offers, and  Strome goes to Arizona, The local kid, Marner, to Toronto, and i do the Irish Jig, as Hanifin falls to us!    Please Hockey gods! ;)

..or do we entertain the offers being made to AZ and not.

I have no problem with Provorov if Hanifin is gone.

Tony McDonald basically said we are taking a player that will play on the big club next year.

Or maybe it's Crouse.... :o

Edited by coastal_caniac

Interview with Shanahan, says Hunter is calling the shots. Could mean Marner.

O'reilly maybe going to Buffalo. I guess the tanking is over.

P.S. I'm drunk. Can't wait.

I have no problem with Provorov if Hanifin is gone.

Tony McDonald basically said we are taking a player that will play on the big club next year.

Or maybe it's Crouse.... :o

Provorov please.

I think it may mean Rantanen more than Crouse......who knows.

....and what happened to letting our players develop?

Edited by Kyrule