The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2015 NHL Entry Draft

Was in the chat room.

It would have been nice to see the wow from Marner, but we got a steal in Hanifin who was the best guy for us. He is the real deal. It was the best scenario.

I am happy.

Just need to pick some forwards now.

Edited by remkin

I must admit, when i saw Marner go, i thought about how happy you probably were.  Hopefully Hanifin will shut him down in the coming years.

Marner has skill, but I don't think the Canes have the pieces in place to benefit from that.  There is also the chance that his scoring doesn't follow him to the NHL once the spaces on the ice are smaller due to bigger and faster players.  I honestly think he was as risky a prospect as Crouse as for not making an impact in the league.

So Marner went 4, Crouse 11

...and I'd still rather have Crouse between the 2.    Are you still going to hang onto "I really don't want Marner 1st out of the 3, but..."?

Luckily, the real prize fell to us and we got Hanifin. 

Edited by super_dave_1

And I said I would take Hanafin first just like I've said all along.

Then why did you have to get your "Marner went 4" thing in?

Edited by super_dave_1

We have been discussing that size -skill Marner versus Crouse thing for weeks just interesting seeing how it actually played out.

Edited by remkin

Leave it to Button to point out the deficiencies in our pick and then gush over Provorov.

Whatever, I'm thrilled with Hanifin it's just a shame that someone had to cast doubt on our pick when fans are supposed to be excited.

I thought it was a bit of a self-serving/agenda driven/justification moment for Button that didn't need to be there.

Ultimately he may be right, who knows, but you don't pee on someone's parade when excited fans are watching and draft parties are taking place. You had your say pre-draft, let the fans enjoy the moment/now.

Just my opinion.

I'm glad somebody brought this up.

I felt the same way, and lost a lot of respect for Craig Button.

He's trashed on Hanifin for six months, which is his prerogative, but this felt like he was making a point of getting in the last punch.

Edited by coastal_caniac