The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Nate31

A Question About Hockey Cards.

Hi guys. I have been collecting some game used jersey/patch cards. I wonder if these are fake from the card company itself. Are these jerseys worn by the players or the company just cut a brand new jersey and put on the card? When Lindholm was drafted, the Canes issued their new jerseys, which do not have any shoulder patches and hurricanes flag at the bottom. However, there are some Lindholm's game used (or even used or photo shoot) patch cards out there on eBay.

_57.jpg

Some are numbers or nameplate that seem to be from the older jersey, which used the different font.

patch.jpg

Some has the jersey with sparkling silver fabric that is from the older version, as well.

_12.jpg

I do not recognize him wearing any old Canes jersey even in a photo shoot. Besides Lindholm's stuff, sometimes I see other Canes players' game used cards that seem to be the material from the Hurricanes flag at the bottom, but that may put some patches, which may look like a nameplate, on top of it.

T2eC16dzQE9s3st-vBRgJqQYHiQ60_57.jpg

I don't think that we ever had any patches at the bottom there.

What do you all think?

Edited by Nate31