The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneswincup

It's that time of year...Season Ticket Renewal email

Got the season ticket renewal package and yes, our tickets are going up yet again (over $600 for the pair). Parking for premier didn't go up, though 860 is still as outrageous now as it was last year. The best entertainment going may be defending the prices and quality of product put on the ice on the Hurricanes Twitter feed. They've made the mistake of saying they want to hear our opinion. I suspect there will be a lot of selective deleting once fans really get going, but it's an entertaining read for now.

Other than the price increase, the biggest change is looking to be for mini plan holders. They're doing a complete restructuring it appears, with fewer games, varying seats and prices, but the option to choose your games.

Once again, there is greater emphasis in business attraction than business retention IMO, but I'm no longer surprised by how they choose to operate.

The mini plan holders are really getting screwed. While the package price for Lower Level South is only going up $65 (assuming I don't want any of the good games), I lose 3 games. So, my per game price is up 35% at a minimum.

Boy, do I feel appreciated for sticking with this stinking team for the last 6 non-playoff years.

Upper level 12 gamer checking in here.  Losing 1 game and 2 voucher games.  Actual 14 games in 14/15 and down to 11 games in 15/16.  Price per game goes up 26% (price per 14/15 game vs. price per 15/16 game).  Oh, that's at the "bronze" price level.  I guess it just goes up if you want to go on the weekend or see somebody interesting.

It's going to be another rough summer for the ticket sales guys.

I can't read the web page very well on Firefox.  Half of it comes out with terrible fonts.

Here's an excerpt of their <junky> page:

8HfTtpp.jpg

Edited by wxray1

Just got my package.  Who put that thing together and thought it was a good idea.   After 11 years,  I will not be a season ticket holder.    

I just called up my account manager and discussed the new packages.     The price for a mini pack in the package they sent  is just if you get what are classified as "Bronze" games.   If you want to go to a "Silver" or "Gold" game,  the cost will be more.   So for 11 Bronze games (Bronze will be on lousy nights against teams nobody wants to see) for what I paid for 14 games this year.   It just is not worth it anymore..........I have have been a season ticketholder (mini packs) since 2003.   This is my last year.

Where are you guys reading details about gold, silver, bronze?

I can't find anything on that impossible to read web site except mention of the different prices, not what it means.

Frustrated as h3ll.

I'm also a 12 game ticket holder. I called a ticket rep and asked why Mr. Waddell and Mr. Karmanos thought it was a good idea to raise prices substantially coming off 6 seasons without playoffs and 2 abysmal seasons. As noted by someone else, I'm losing my vouchers and paying more for tickets. Also, with the "flex" plan, you are not assured of getting your same seats for evey game unless you are a full season ticket holder.

So... formula for increasing ticket base is to provide an inferior product for 6 years running (and getting worse each year), raise prices substantially, take away STH benefits, and NOT sign one significant free agent or make one trade of consequence in the last 2 years. My cup of frustration runneth over. I suggested the ticket rep have Mr. Waddell monitor these boards. Any conspiracy theories out there?

wxray, click on "pricing chart" on the Season Ticket Renewal banner. Then click on 22 game flex plan or 11 game flex plan. Obviously, there is only one price if you buy a full season ticket. If you want to see the season ticket benefits (or lack thereof) there is a link for that as well.

I talked to a ticket rep today as well expressing my concerns about price increases and voucher losses. He said he is passing along these comments to management and also suggested emailing Waddell directly. His email is on the brochure. So, instead of waiting for him to read the boards, send him an email.

I guess we can use all that money we have saved on playoff tickets for the last 6 years to pay the increased ticket prices. 

Edited by HuntingforCups

wxray, click on "pricing chart" on the Season Ticket Renewal banner. Then click on 22 game flex plan or 11 game flex plan. Obviously, there is only one price if you buy a full season ticket. If you want to see the season ticket benefits (or lack thereof) there is a link for that as well.

Thanks.  I see that.  BTW, the web page renders better on Internet Explorer.  Terrible on Firefox.  Their web developers should be ashamed.

But here's the rub.  Besides the price, what exactly does gold/silver/bronze mean?  And how do we choose our seats, etc.  I guess the details don't matter to these guys.  Matters to us.

All 8 of us who plan to renew will adore being in an arena full of opposing fans.

(EDIT:  Clarify: 8 total canes fans... not 8 tickets for me)

Edited by hag65

All 8 of us who plan to renew will adore being in an arena full of opposing fans.

(EDIT:  Clarify: 8 total canes fans... not 8 tickets for me)

Yeah, but they'll be paying GOLD price, baby!  No worries.  

Doubt Edmonton and Florida will be gold, cough, cough.

I'm really disappointed that the Canes management seems to be pricing the Canes right on into a relocation. How can you raise prices after many bad seasons and increasingly reduced attendance? I hate to be negative but maybe that is PKs plan.

At least with all the price increases and questionable changes, they still kept in the "playoff priority" benefit for season ticket holders, which is nice.

My letter to Big Don........post yours please!

Don,

Are you serious? Do you really think that increasing prices and trying to justify it by saying we are in the bottom five in price is going to make us feel better.

WE ARE ALSO IN THE BOTTOM FIVE IN POINTS...............AGAIN!! Out of the playoffs AGAIN!!

Last year I was so on the fence about keeping my season tickets.......this year there is no discussion......I am out!!

Over the past 4 years I went from Full Season ticket holder with two seats in the lower level to 1 ticket in the lower level to 1 ticket in the fan zone ...............to NOTHING NEXT YEAR!!!

I will be a fan but will take advantage of the secondary market and the cheap tickets that are available. Yes there are not as many tickets on the secondary market as there used to be because there are less season ticket holders trying to unload them.

Yes.........I also know what you did with the ticket brokers and making them have a larger financial commitment so not to flood stub hub.......yes it worked but look at attendance. All that you did was keep people out of the seats and spending money at the concessions.

It's pathetic going to games anymore and looking at the attendance.....It's embarrassing! Oh......by the way.......my one seat that I had in the fan zone..........never sat in it once this year.......I just chose one of the thousands of seats available in the lower level and plopped my *edit* there.......usually with my friends who bought their $5 ticket outside.

If your plan is to move the team out of the market then it's working well.........if thats not your plan........then it's still working well!

I hear the Florida Panthers may be looking for a President after the Hurricanes move from Raleigh.

How does it feel to be the Grim Reaper?

See ya soon........or not.

Former Season Ticket Holder........Mike

At least with all the price increases and questionable changes, they still kept in the "playoff priority" benefit for season ticket holders, which is nice.

Yeah, and another nice thing is that they are "excited" about this.  I'm really happy to hear that the ticket reps and all the workers there are excited to get all of our calls and have these discussions!  That's awesome!

In all honesty, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my life spending priorities with regard to professional entertainment events.  Everything has gone nuts.  Not just hockey.  Been to a concert lately?   I guess other folks are paying, so be it.  I just don't know how much more I want to participate.

I will stick with the small plan next year.  I just don't know what I'm in for.  Will I have to upgrade to "gold" if I want weekend games?  There is so little info with this renewal.  That has me frustrated.

I will stick with the small plan next year.  I just don't know what I'm in for.  Will I have to upgrade to "gold" if I want weekend games?  There is so little info with this renewal.  That has me frustrated.

How do you even know at this point what you are signing up for if you were to renew now?  There are way too many unknowns with the gold, silver, and bronze thing.

Aren't these price hikes due to having to comply with certain ticket price regulations to get revenue sharing?

If that's the case maybe these angry letter's need to goto Bettman.

Aren't these price hikes due to having to comply with certain ticket price regulations to get revenue sharing?

You mean the same Gary Bettman that has promised that every lockout was going to reduce ticket prices?  The seat that I had as a FSTH in 2012 has increased 60% since then.  I looked at the old invoice today and the price on the new information.  Price stability my butt.

Edited by super_dave_1

There's an element of the sharing plan that looks at growth in revenues, but it's not a requirement to participate, and doesn't specify how it is to be achieved.  I'd say that these particular moves are more likely to decrease revenue, than increase it.  

Put me down as not happy.  Been a 12 game package holder (x 2) for a bunch of years, and will do my 14 this season.  Not sure if I'm renewing or not.  I'd rather fit into a preplanned game set with the same seat each game than bouncing all over the sections in my group.  Although a mini plan, we've had the same seats the past 4 years running, and don't want to switch.

On top of that this package drops or reduces the side benefits.

Not too worried about playoff priority - I'm sure they'll be offering something well into next season which will include priority.

Oh, well, they must think I should be grateful - look at what I'll be saving in gas, not making the 280 mile round trip to games as many times....

Yep, though apparently the revenue sharing portion of the CBA isn't public, Buffalo has been very vocal about it's role in their rising ticket prices. From http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/john-vogl/cap-hike-may-not-mean-lower-ticket-costs-20131222:

The CBA dictates that clubs that receive revenue sharing must keep pace with the league’s average ticket price. If the teams fall below 75 percent of the average they “shall be required to submit to the league and Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee a forward-looking three-year business plan to establish a framework for improving its financial performance.”

The remainder of the article makes it clear that revenue sharing would be at risk if the ticket prices are not at the required level, not just that a business plan would have to be submitted.