The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Pkling40

Making a plea

Ok Caniacs... It's been a few lean years here in NC - and tough to sit through loss after loss- but what makes it even worse is being in what used to be OUR HOUSE- that now fills up with fans of opposing teams- and having to try and out shout the LETS GO RANGER CHANT- or the LETS GO PENS CHANT- or the LETS GO FLYERS- not to mention the C-A-P-S caps caps caps ... I don't care how "friendly" they are...I'm sick of hearing it! ITS TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR HOUSE!!!

OK so we're out again this year but I have tickets to the CANES/PENS game the CANES/DEVILS game the CANES/FLYERS and last but not least CANES/REDWINGS (where we get to see cole again)

I'm going to drive the 2 hours put on my Canes Jersey sit in my seat and be LOUD AND PROUD- all I ask is that you join me...in taking back OUR HOUSE!

(sick and tired of hanging my head)

Ok Caniacs... It's been a few lean years here in NC - and tough to sit through loss after loss- but what makes it even worse is being in what used to be OUR HOUSE- that now fills up with fans of opposing teams- and having to try and out shout the LETS GO RANGER CHANT- or the LETS GO PENS CHANT- or the LETS GO FLYERS- not to mention the C-A-P-S caps caps caps ... I don't care how "friendly" they are...I'm sick of hearing it! ITS TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR HOUSE!!!

OK so we're out again this year but I have tickets to the CANES/PENS game the CANES/DEVILS game the CANES/FLYERS and last but not least CANES/REDWINGS (where we get to see cole again)

I'm going to drive the 2 hours put on my Canes Jersey sit in my seat and be LOUD AND PROUD- all I ask is that you join me...in taking back OUR HOUSE!

(sick and tired of hanging my head)

Everyone can start by supporting the crazy guys in section 328.    They always bring it and get very little support from the rest of the fans.

I understand your pain. It was mentioned during the Aftermath tonight after the Blackhawks fans were VERY loud!

I've been here a long time too, and I understand some teams' fans travel well.

While I don't like it that visiting teams are filling our arena and we're being out-numbered in some cases 2-1, they are spending money and buying tickets. As Mike Manescalco said tonight, it's better to have 6-7,000 visiting fans in addition to CANES fans then it is to have only 6-7,000 CANES fans in the arena. We don't want to end up like the Florida Panthers.

I spoke to a guy who works in the Jersey Shop at the PNC arena the other night, commenting on the number of Blue shirts in attendance. He said that Montreal and Toronto fans really travel here because it is a lot cheaper to see their teams here than it is in their own barns. I even heard Blackhawk fans tonight in the Arena club that he couldn't believe how inexpensive the food was here compared to the United Center.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fair-weather CANES fans out there. After we won the Cup, many jumped on the bandwagon. A lot of those fans have since jumped off.

It is hard to be a fan during these lean years. But for the first time for me, I like what I've seen with the system Peters is putting in place. Another fact is that we may face a couple more lean years until Peters gets the players HE wants that will play his style.

Blackhawks fans usually don't come in that many numbers to Raleigh.  But last night they did, and the reason was spring break.  Many families and golf buddies (on their way to Myrtle Beach) were there.

There are not as many Chicago ex-pats in Raleigh compared to Northeasterners.  We're actually pretty few and far between.

A scan of the plates in the parking lot last night proved a lot traveled.  Home tickets are now outrageously expensive in Chicago.  Multiple years of success will do that for you.  Recall that in the Canes Cup year, the United Center was a joke of attendance.

The interplay did make the last two periods loud though.  Canes fans fought back.  Too bad we need to fight back.  We should be on O, not D.  Oh well.

Edited by wxray1

The front office didn't do themselves any favors by cutting down the number of games and vouchers in the mini packs and then raising the prices for fewer games.  This will lead to fewer STH and smaller crowds of Canes fans at each game.  I for one am not renewing considering the crappy product they put on the ice this season and then had the gall to do this to the one group of fans who actually spent money with them.