The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

The Ax Falls

So they're probably looking to clean house on players too. Of course any deal Francis might have been working with their GM would be gone unless Shanahan was in on it...

So they're probably looking to clean house on players too. Of course any deal Francis might have been working with their GM would be gone unless Shanahan was in on it...

I'm betting Shanahan and ownership reviewing everything Nonis and Co. was looking at.  Not sure what I'd want off the Leafs ,though.

I'm betting Shanahan and ownership reviewing everything Nonis and Co. was looking at.  Not sure what I'd want off the Leafs ,though.

I want their first round pick!

and Buffalo wasn't far behind

NHL.com

Sabres general manager Tim Murray fired coach Ted Nolan on Sunday, along with assistant coach Danny Flynn. Murray announced the contracts of assistant coaches Bryan Trottier and Tom Coolen would not be renewed

Any word on Irbe?

"Goalie coach Arturs Irbe remains with the Sabres."

Buffalo Sabres general manager Tim Murray said Arturs Irbe is under contract through the 2015-2016 season and remains with the organization.  Irbe's future as goaltending coach would be up to the Sabres' new head coach.

I will say this, I am glad we have our management team in tact with a season under the belt. The guys know the system which wasn't true at the start, and seems like the vast majority have bought in. Just like a good very young player (Rask) can come back with a whole new level after a year and an offseason, a team can too.

They don't have to come into camp and learn the system this time.

The evaluation is over. The plan is in place. The structure has been laid down. So there's that.

Edited by remkin

I will say this, I am glad we have our management team in tact with a season under the belt. The guys know the system which wasn't true at the start, and seems like the vast majority have bought in. Just like a good very young player (Rask) can come back with a whole new level after a year and an offseason, a team can too.

They don't have to come into camp and learn the system this time.

The evaluation is over. The plan is in place. The structure has been laid down. So there's that.

Unfortunately ,so are the issues.  We'll have more of the same for next year, even if we do win the lottery.

Sorry, won't take the address. Article written by Pen's sports writer Rob Rossi for TribLive/Sports on 4/20 about the short comings of JR. He had a public meltdown over it. Check out *edit  -  Penguins - Tribune review: Rutherford to Rossi for the live link.

JR was so...umm...'gifted' at recycling players back to Carolina after a time away, I wonder if he is fired, can he recycle himself back to Carolina?

Happy Earth Day, indeed....

JR was so...umm...'gifted' at recycling players back to Carolina after a time away, I wonder if he is fired, can he recycle himself back to Carolina?

Happy Earth Day, indeed....

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! :thumbdown:

It appears the Ax won't fall in Pens land

Spector's Hockey -ownership has never given any consideration to replacing Rutherford and Johnston, while the club intends to build around their core players, led by Crosby and Malkin.