The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Kyrule

2015 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship

Just a reminder that the IIHF Worlds start today.

Faulk (USA), Lindholm (Sweden), Rask (Sweden), Khudobin (Russia), and M. Jordan (Czech) are all taking part IIRC.

Most of the Team USA games can be found on NBCSN (ether live or tape delay).

As for watching any other team, unless you have TSN (Canada) then I know of no other way of seeing the games.

Eichel will be playing for Team USA as well.

Edited by Kyrule

Kyrule, thanks for starting this topic.

This morning Canada def. Latvia 6-1

USA beat Finland 5-1

What impressed me was how improved Rask is with his strength and skating compared to even last September.  Confidence goes a long way.

And if anybody has any questions about Lindholm they aren't paying attention.

Awesome Coastal, thanks for posting that video.

I love me some Lindy!

As a side note my father is a Flyers fan and when I was in the hospital we talked a little hockey.

He said "you guys have a player that looks pretty good, I forget his name but his number is...

49."

Edited by Kyrule

I didn't know this, but it was Lindholm that scored in the shootout to give Sweden the win the other night. He was on the twitter lounge thing on the IIHF site talking about it.

Faulk has no points but he is +6. He's logging big minutes.

M. Jordan scored last night and was second on the team in time-on-ice.

I've had the first couple USA games on, but can't say I watched either closely. Faulk could've been given a second assist on the goal vs Norway. He started the play, skating in alone off a blue line face-off, took the shot and USA scored after the rebound and a Norway mishandle.

Another goal for Rask, another assist for Lindholm. Both are doing well and I believe they are playing in a third-line role.

Team USA played very well today in their defeat of Russia.

...and another goal for Rask and another assist for Lindholm.

Rask has 3 goals in 4 games and I think Lindholm assisted on all of them.

Lindholm has a goal and three assists in four games, plus a shootout winning goal.

Faulk is playing well.

This should be some good news for Canes fans at least.

Absolutely Krule! Our Swedes are reasons to smile. They will come off this tournament confident, go work on their games in the summer and come back ready to rock. I'm counting on big steps up offensively for both these guys.

And Faulk, yeah, him too. I think we will see grade A first pair dman even a half notch up from him too.

Definitely some bright spots.

Edited by remkin

Those two Swedes seem to be a good fit together. 

Faulk is getting better and better.

All good news for us lowly Canes fans.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I haven't had time to watch but I'm enjoying reading the updates everyone is posting. Appears Rask and Lindy like playing together.

Team USA loses to Belarus.

The head coach of Belarus?

Dave "stick-check" Lewis.

Team USA was schooled on the dangers of having your defense be too aggressive on the bigger ice-surface. Belarus left one guy along the boards cherry-picking, and as soon as Belarus gained possession it was off to the races. I forget/lost count how many breakaways and odd-man rushes there were.

Legal:

"Stick-check" is a registered trademark of Coastal. Any unauthorized reproduction...

:lol:

My blood pressure goes up just thinking about it.  I've never yelled at a coach more than that guy.  I understand the concept of gapping up, but the free world does it with the frikin body...I stop now.  :pullhair:

Edited by coastal_caniac

Assist for Lindholm who now has 6 points in 7 games.

Forsberg has 8 goals in 7 games (1 assist). I'm glad Washington traded him out West.

Ekman-Larsson has 11 points to lead all players in the tournament.

Outside of team USA, I'm pulling for Sweden because of Lindholm and Rask. I think it would be good for them to be on a winning team and gain confidence.

I finally got a chance to watch part of a game today.

two thoughts:

I really like the big ice game

its hard not to shake your head and mumble it would have been nice to draft Jack Eichel

I finally got a chance to watch part of a game today.

two thoughts:

I really like the big ice game

its hard not to shake your head and mumble it would have been nice to draft Jack Eichel

That's my number 1 wish for an NHL rule change.  Not gonna happen because of the $$ involved.

I never saw us in the running for Eichel.  It was always McDavid (win the lottery) or bust. Not that the 5th pick in this year's draft is a bust, but you get the picture.

Edited by LakeLivin

That's my number 1 wish for an NHL rule change.  Not gonna happen because of the $$ involved.

I never saw us in the running for Eichel.  It was always McDavid (win the lottery) or bust. Not that the 5th pick in this year's draft is a bust, but you get the picture.

I agree big ice isn't going to happen. I can't imagine many owners willing to spend the money to upgrade their arenas and rip out seats to accommodate a larger ice service. With a trend to smaller arenas every seat is valuable.

The Eichel comment wasn't based on our chance to ever obtain him only my feeling it would have been nice.

I agree big ice isn't going to happen. I can't imagine many owners willing to spend the money to upgrade their arenas and rip out seats to accommodate a larger ice service. With a trend to smaller arenas every seat is valuable.

The Eichel comment wasn't based on our chance to ever obtain him only my feeling it would have been nice.

With the size and speed of the players today I've often wondered if the smaller ice contributes to a high injury rate. Congestion = more contact = more injuries. Or is it the other way around?  More ice = more speed = higher chance of injury when contact does occur?  I'd be really interested to see a comparison of injury rates between the rink sizes. 

That's the only way I could see owners going to the bigger ice; if they felt it was going to protect their investment in their players.