The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dinz

HOF

Yes, maybe not first ballot, but yes.  He's had success for every franchise he's ever played for, particularly Philly and Carolina.  He's been a captain, a vocal and by example leader, and he was the first to hoist a professional championship for an entire state.  His last couple seasons were a little rough, but that shouldn't sour the rest of his career.  He's also in the top 50 in the NHL's all time scoring list.  This shouldn't even be a question to me.

Karmanos in the HOF? Pretty surprising to me. Wonder what whaler fans think about this...

I could be wrong but I have a feeling we are going to find out.

Good for PK. No matter what someone thinks about the man personally, he has spent a good portion of his wealth, and much of his life promoting hockey on various levels. Well deserved, I'd say. Congrats to him. 

Hi gang, it probaly has been discussed, but should Rod be in the HOF?

Hell yes...for several reasons:

1. 2x Selke Winner, captained team to Cup

2. Dino Ciccarelli...REALLY???  Had only 16 more points than Rod, but he was considered a shoe-in.  ZERO Cups, ZERO trophies

3. Everyone keeps pimping Dave Andreychuk and Mark Recchi.  Andreychuk captained Tampa's Cup team, has the record for PPG in a season, but no trophies.  Recchi has 3 Cups, zero trophies.  But both are deemed worthy based upon their total body of work.  So  why isn't Rod included in that discussion?

It's really beginning to irritate me that every single year, other than the obvious first time eligibles that should make it in, we hear about the other usual "others" who deserve in after not making it in the first shot.  And Rod's name is NEVER mentioned by the media...

Judging by his career numbers and comparing to some of the guys that are in, I would say that Rod should eventually be considered. He had over 1000 points, and as others have pointed out, won the Selke twice and a Cup.