The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

Chicago a dynasty?

Some news outlets have slapped the dynasty label on the Hawks. I think to draw more attention to their article but what do you guys think?

Personally, I disagree. 3 in 6 is a great feat but 4 in 4 like the Habs/Isles. 5 in 7 like the Oilers just jump out at me far more then 3 in 6.

I think the Hawks enter the dynasty debate if they can win next year and pull off 3 in 4. With this day and age of 30 teams maybe the bar of expectation needs to be lowered?

I just figured I'd pitch something else for us to yell at each other about :D

Edited by legend-1

They are probably the closest thing to a dynasty. Though it will be interesting what happens with this team in the next year or two.

They are heavily laden with Kane and Toews contracts, so one of them will have to be moved at some point just so they can sign other players or bring in others to fill whole left by players leaving for bigger contracts with other teams.

Edited by hopper915

It qualifies in today's world.

Compare and contrast what JR did post Cup year to what the Hawks have had to do post CupS years.  It is an amazing job of dealing with the cap.

I'd say so probably, though just barely. So many things can break the wrong way in the chase for the cup. Salary cap is an issue, but also parity is greater. Games are closer. Everyone keeps talking about how much better the West is too.

For some reason 4 championships just feels more dynastic, but thinking about the year they went on that insane winning streak....they're not done yet. If they're not, they're probably going to be without question soon.

As athletes in general get better but physically and training wise, there are more high caliber players available. Add in the salary cap, and those players are going to be spread out more and more. Just imagine all the players currently available in the NHL playing on 6 original teams. What would those games look like?

I think the current landscape has to be taken into consideration when you state throwing around a word like dynasty.

I don't know about dynasty, but in today's game 3 Cups in 6 years would seem like a dynasty if I were a Hawks fan.

Quite an accomplishment IMO.

And Quinville is a magician at manufacturing goals from his lineup when one is needed, even without the last change.  Not to mention they played with 5 defensemen for most of the playoffs to even get to the Final, which is even more impressive.

Edited by coastal_caniac