The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

2015-2016 Schedule Released!!!

Figured it deserved its own thread...

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

My first thought looking at October...who'd we piss off to deserve THAT schedule?!?!?  8/11 on the road!!

Then I saw November...and saw they made it up to us.

That being said, if we have our usual start, we are out of the playoffs before Thanksgiving!!!

Yeah it's that state fair thing again. The nice thing is if we did get off to a surprising road start then will have more home games upcoming. The thing that stood out to me was that the end of the year is stacked with road games.

Yeah it's that state fair thing again. The nice thing is if we did get off to a surprising road start then will have more home games upcoming. The thing that stood out to me was that the end of the year is stacked with road games.

Wasn't it the same way a few years back where we needed to win just 2 of 6 to make the playoffs...and we blew it on the last day?

Does sound familiar. Pretty sure that was the end of last year too although it didn't much matter outside of the draft pick order.

Other odd and concerning things:

- Canes play the Red Wings three times in October, a partial month!

- Detroit to Washington road back to back in October, yikes!

- Kings/Sharks back to back in October, double yikes!  October is going to stink.

- 8 Games in 13 days in February.  Murderous!

- Ducks/Yotes back to back on the road, 23 hours apart

- Columbus home and home b2b

Something kind of good:

- 16 back to back total.  Someone check my work.  I could be wrong.  This is less than previous years.

Wasn't it the same way a few years back where we needed to win just 2 of 6 to make the playoffs...and we blew it on the last day?

2007.  Needed to beat Tampa on Wed or Fla. on the last day of the season.  Blew both games.