The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Free Agency Frenzy

The 2015 Free Agency period begins at noon today. It doesn't appear the Canes will jump in but after what has happened thus far in the off-season you just can't be sure.

Free Agency players availability Spotrac

Top 20  NHL.com

Signings since June 26 TSN

My guess it Francis follows the JR model on this and waits the frenzy out. Then tries to find a couple of value picks on the leftovers.

It's not my money, but if we could pick up one of the serious d men, it would put the next 2-3 seasons on much more solid footing, as our stud d prospects develope.

Edited by remkin

Sorry OBXer,I posted something on Off Season topic which should belong here. Didn't see this new topic, would you switch??

No worries..This topic was just opened. Lets face it most of what we are talking about fits in several threads. I put this up for those who want to follow the "frenzy".  Post away.

In light of the Semin buyout KJUNKANE wondered if GMRF's approach to the free agency market set to start at noon, so that with only 10 forwards signed, he might jump into the abyss sooner today, and not play the traditional waiting game?

Thats a tough one Kjun. My guess is no but I am still learning this GM. I have no idea.

More tweets

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 48s48 seconds ago

Don't know if TOR will sign UFA today but won't be for lack of trying. Leafs have been heavily courting many of the most sought after UFAs

SJ is believed to be a leading contender for Paul Martin

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 2h2 hours ago

Thomas Greiss among the UFA options the LA Kings have looked into. Greiss has other teams in mix, too. Solid backup, cap-friendly option

Is it possible GMRF bought out Semin because he has a back up plan in FA?

That is sure a possibility but the same could be true for a upcoming trade.

I'm just going to sit here waiting for Justin Williams return to Raleigh. Not holding my breathe or anything just hopeful... :crossfingers:

I would also be happy with Joel Ward or Chris Stewart.

Hopefully we can land a good RW and D man. I'm sure we'll be waiting in the weeds to avoid the initial frenzy though.

I'm just going to sit here waiting for Justin Williams return to Raleigh. Not holding my breathe or anything just hopeful... :crossfingers:

I would also be happy with Joel Ward or Chris Stewart.

Hopefully we can land a good RW and D man. I'm sure we'll be waiting in the weeds to avoid the initial frenzy though.

I think Justin Williams isn't going to happen but I would be ok with it.  I think Joel Ward is an option depending on the price. Just say no to Chris Stewart IMO, his game ebbs and flows and not sure we need another disappearing act.

How about Oduya?

I'm guessing Tlusty will get less than what he thought back when we were talking to him. Things didn't go well in Winnipeg, and I think he was exposed as a third line player that benefited from some good stints with first line players (at the time).

Edited by Kyrule

I think Justin Williams isn't going to happen but I would be ok with it.  I think Joel Ward is an option depending on the price. Just say no to Chris Stewart IMO, his game ebbs and flows and not sure we need another disappearing act.

How about Oduya?

I mentioned on another board that I would be onboard with Oduya 100%. He is coming from a winning culture, he can mentor or young guys on what it takes to be a champion. He speed is a bit of an issue IMO but I would be really happy with him.

No to Chris Stewart. We just got rid of Semin, we don't need another player with a reputation for lazy play.

The same could be said for Hodson.