The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Free Agency Frenzy

They are talking about Sutter on TSN. Saying if he isn't in the Kessel deal he will be traded elsewhere.

Looks like the Kessel deal is Kapenen (2014 1st rounder), Harrington (2011 2nd Rounder), and a pick for Kessel.

*Edit* JR is all about trading Sutter isn't he?

Edited by BBC-line

They are talking about Sutter on TSN. Saying if he isn't in the Kessel deal he will be traded elsewhere.

I'd love to see Brandon back here, but he might be redundant unless he moves to the wing. We have plenty of 3rd line center options.

Outside of contract if that's the deal, JR made the Pens more dangerous without giving up much, but taking on a bad contract. It will be interesting to watch Kessel this year.

Do agree that shuts one door for a Skinner trade, but I'm not as sure we want trade Skinner as much after picking Hanifin.

On Sekera, the money is right, but the term and especially the NTC? That is what got JR in trouble. I feel better about what we got for him now.

I know this will tweek some people, but I don't see Brandon Sutter being a need frankly.

Outside of contract if that's the deal, JR made the Pens more dangerous without giving up much, but taking on a bad contract. It will be interesting to watch Kessel this year.

Just saw a report that the Leafs are eating 15-25% of the contract.

*Edit* 15%

Edited by BBC-line

So, stupid question, but why "not qualify" a player, then turn right around and pay him more? Was it to get to a 2-way deal?

Not a stupid question, trying to figure it out as well.  Makes no sense to me.

JR signed Semin again!

Chip says it appears to be a fake account putting that out.

That just stinks, that he is allowed to profit from his screw up, when this team has to pay the penalty!!

Oh well, if that's bogus, then OK, but that's the way I've felt about the possibility!!

Edited by KJUNKANE

We like our group

I know it's been said 100 times already, but it still makes me laugh... I almost sprayed soda out my nose.