The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

CANES Development Camp

2015 Prospects Development Camp

Held from July 6-11 at PNC Arena. The camp’s evening on-ice sessions will be open to the media, and fans are welcome to attend the evening on-ice sessions on July 7, July 8 and July 10. The week will be capped with the camp’s on-ice session on Saturday, July 11, as part of the Hurricanes Summerfest Celebration.

News Release

Roster

Eight of Carolina’s nine selections in the 2015 NHL Draft will make their first appearances in Raleigh as members of the Hurricanes organization.

Will be able to get our first look at Hanifin. I'm also interested to see Fluery, Tolchinsky and McKeown.

This will be the first year in a long time that I won't be able to make any of this camp.  My schedule just won't allow it.  It's usually a chance to get some summer hockey in.

This will be the first year in a long time that I won't be able to make any of this camp.  My schedule just won't allow it.  It's usually a chance to get some summer hockey in.

Time for the chinchillas ?   Great picture. 

I'll be there.

Where is Lucas Wallmark?

The fact that he won't be there could be an indication that he'll be in Sweden again this upcoming season?

Some of the camp’s evening on-ice sessions will be open to the public at PNC Arena, with free parking and admission. Doors will open 15 minutes before the first scheduled session, and fans should park and enter via the East entrance of PNC Arena. Food and beverage will be available for purchase, and The Eye team store will be open. Closed morning on-ice sessions will be streamed live on CarolinaHurricanes.com and through the team's mobile app.

Tuesday, July 7

10:00 a.m.: Skills Practice (Streaming Live on CarolinaHurricanes.com)
    5:30 p.m.: Team Practice (Open to Public)

Wednesday, July 8

9:30 a.m.: Team Practice (Streaming Live on CarolinaHurricanes.com)

Thursday, July 9

10:00 a.m.: Team Practice (Streaming Live on CarolinaHurricanes.com)

Friday, July 10

10:00 a.m.: Skills Practice (Streaming Live on CarolinaHurricanes.com)

Saturday, July 11

12:00 p.m.: Team Practice & Summerfest Celebration

Any of you know how late those practices in the evening run and if you can just walk up, or do we need to register beforehand? I see a registration for the "Open House", but I think that is for Saturday only, correct?

Anyone know why Nedeljkovic won't be at camp?  My impression is that he's a more likely prospect than Altshuler.

Just noticed that of the 6 at-large invitees, 4 are college players, 1 high school kid, and 1 OHL player.  Should be interesting to see if there's a diamond in the rough in the group.

I saw this from an announcement this past April: http://gocheckers.com/articles/1166-checkers-release-alex-nedeljkovic-from-ato

"Because of the AHL's age policy, Nedeljkovic would not be eligible to play for the Checkers next season. If the netminder does not make the Hurricanes out of training camp, he would return for another season of junior."

Since he has really no chance of making the Canes and no chance of playing for the Chex I wonder if that's why he's not at camp?  I can't find anything about him being hurt this year.

Or maybe it's a size thing? :couch: The other goalies at camp are all 6'3", Ned is only 6'0".

Edited by LakeLivin

Still cannot drive and the ART system does not go out as far as the PNC Arena. Cab ride would cost about $40 round trip so I will have to content watching online.  I hope to start driving again before the start of the season

I was working today so I only got to see a little of the camp stream but I applaud the Canes for allowing us to get a look at the prospects.

The one thing that stood out to me was the size of our prospects. There are some big boys out there.