The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Ruff Love

I voted expelled because I hate their fans, jersey, coach, and most of their team. Not that he deserves it for this incident alone, he just sucks as a human being and also didn't deserve the jack adams over laviolette so there should be some retribution there...{rant over}

Funny, I was listening to some of the Jennerette feed last night from their game and RJ kept complaining about Murray running his mouth. Interesting that Linda Ruffles was the one fined for running his mouth and acting on it. Ruffles may be a good coach to his players but only looks like complete whiner and complainer to the rest of the league.

I voted expelled because I hate their fans, jersey, coach, and most of their team. Not that he deserves it for this incident alone, he just sucks as a human being and also didn't deserve the jack adams over laviolette so there should be some retribution there...{rant over}

Funny, I was listening to some of the Jennerette feed last night from their game and RJ kept complaining about Murray running his mouth. Interesting that Linda Ruffles was the one fined for running his mouth and acting on it. Ruffles may be a good coach to his players but only looks like complete whiner and complainer to the rest of the league.

Group hug? That mean you too AO :wink: As for Neil's hit my verdict is... Dirty, for two reasons. He went out of his way to go hit Drury in the head. Right there that's a two minute charging and you can see his elbow is extended outwards, and it's Chris Neil one the biggest scumbags in the league.

Group hug? That mean you too AO :wink: As for Neil's hit my verdict is... Dirty, for two reasons. He went out of his way to go hit Drury in the head. Right there that's a two minute charging and you can see his elbow is extended outwards, and it's Chris Neil one the biggest scumbags in the league.

I dunno Quince, NHL ruled it clean and his elbow didn't come up till after the hit..the league agrees. All the damage done to Drury was a result of his visor which is under investigation to make sure it was on correctly and and not at fault. That hit was very similar to the hit on Letowski earlier this season when the members on your board were laughing at Trevor "admiring his pass" and many said that he deserved his concussion for not keeping his head up. That hit was deemed a little late and the damage was all caused by Armstrong. So maybe the emotions have clouded opinions a bit because it was Drury and that his injury has added to an already depleted line up?

Of course these are the same classy fans that hoped for Erik Coles to be broken again this season :roll:.

I dunno Quince, NHL ruled it clean and his elbow didn't come up till after the hit..the league agrees. All the damage done to Drury was a result of his visor which is under investigation to make sure it was on correctly and and not at fault. That hit was very similar to the hit on Letowski earlier this season when the members on your board were laughing at Trevor "admiring his pass" and many said that he deserved his concussion for not keeping his head up. That hit was deemed a little late and the damage was all caused by Armstrong. So maybe the emotions have clouded opinions a bit because it was Drury and that his injury has added to an already depleted line up?

Of course these are the same classy fans that hoped for Erik Coles to be broken again this season :roll:.

Of course he went out of his way to hit him.In a division battle you play rough. Players go out of their way to hit people all the time because that is their job. Drury broke the first rule of hockey, keep your head up.

Of course he went out of his way to hit him.In a division battle you play rough. Players go out of their way to hit people all the time because that is their job. Drury broke the first rule of hockey, keep your head up.

Pilege just because a player has their head down doesnt justify that they be hit :roll:. If he has the puck ok i can live with that. Drury didn't have the puck. "Players go out of their way to hit people all the time because that is their job" then according to your quote Orpik did nothing wrong.

You make it sound like the hit was some nice check that had nothing questional about it whatsoever. It is obvious that Neil hit him after the puck left his stick. You can argue whether it wasn't long enough to make it too dirty, but it was definitely long enough to make it at least questionable. I was there in the arena when it happened, sitting in that end behind the goal, and I know that it was a late hit because my eyes had already followed the puck to the net when I saw Drury get hit out of the corner of my eye.

Two words.....Trevor Letowski

He got hit exactly the same way. It was clean, and he had his head down, just like Drury. It is clear how the Hurricanes "handled" the situation. No fines, no whining. Actions speak louder than words.

You make it sound like the hit was some nice check that had nothing questional about it whatsoever. It is obvious that Neil hit him after the puck left his stick. You can argue whether it wasn't long enough to make it too dirty, but it was definitely long enough to make it at least questionable. I was there in the arena when it happened, sitting in that end behind the goal, and I know that it was a late hit because my eyes had already followed the puck to the net when I saw Drury get hit out of the corner of my eye.

Two words.....Trevor Letowski

He got hit exactly the same way. It was clean, and he had his head down, just like Drury. It is clear how the Hurricanes "handled" the situation. No fines, no whining. Actions speak louder than words.

Thank you :!: I remember when this happened and Buffalo fans were coming on our board telling us it was Letowskis fault for admiring his own pass and he deserved to be hit if he's got his head down. Now it happens to one of their own and it's everyones fault BUT Drurys. Typical. And further goes to show the character of the team and especially the coach by sending out the word to hurt Ott best players. If you wanna take a run at Neil to prove a point then go for it, but not on someone that had nothing to do with it. That's just cheap. The NHL ruled it a clean hit and it was also well within an allowed timeframe. They also said Ruff's actions after the hit were totally unjust and being looked into. You just can't argue with video and it's all right there to see. You know what's even funnier it that even the hockey shows on XM are all talking smack about Buff and how Drury made one of the worst mistakes a player could make and is taught from very early on not to do. All the shows agreed with the NHL in that Neil did nothing wrong.

I think Lindy should have been fined for his bench behavior and language. As far as sending his "goons" out and what happened on the ice, IMO, that's hockey. Did he over do it by sending more than one? Yeah, probably, but you knew that retaliation was emient. Everyone knows who the "goons" are on each team, so I doubt that it was a surprise to the Senators when they saw that line come out as to what was about to happen. Bottom line, fighting always has been and always will be part of the fabric of the sport. Name another sports where there's just a penalty for fighting, but not an automatic ejection? And if you think the NHL doesn't love it, then you're fooling yourself. I just heard the Ottawa owner say that they had 20,000 in the seats for Saturday night and it was "a scalpers paradise." You think they weren't loving it??? And it's like they say, the only bad publicity is when people AREN'T talking about you.

Allan Muir, over at cnnsi.com, has a nice open letter to the Sabres owner, who himself sent an open letter to Bettman about the hit:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...tter/index.html

Essentially, the gist is: shut up. Drury knows it was clean, he wasn't even protecting himself, every (30-0) GM in hockey voted to keep those hits legal before the season, and you look like a crybaby.

Given that, Ruff (who I think mostly says things just to shield his team, whether he believes them or not --recall that wine thing last year, which he surely knew was total BS but he said it to motivate the team) ought to have been suspended.

Hopefully Drury, who is the one player I respect from that team, will be back quickly and at full strength.

Allan Muir, over at cnnsi.com, has a nice open letter to the Sabres owner, who himself sent an open letter to Bettman about the hit:

Essentially, the gist is: shut up. Drury knows it was clean, he wasn't even protecting himself, every (30-0) GM in hockey voted to keep those hits legal before the season, and you look like a crybaby.

Given that, Ruff (who I think mostly says things just to shield his team, whether he believes them or not --recall that wine thing last year, which he surely knew was total BS but he said it to motivate the team) ought to have been suspended.

Hopefully Drury, who is the one player I respect from that team, will be back quickly and at full strength.

That's a good article. Especially the part pointing about the Campbell-Umberger hit. You finish your check, sometimes bad things happen.

expelled. he accuses us of preemptive celebrating when we have wine donated by a girl with leukemia and he smells really really bad.

I've already stated that Ruff went over the line and I'm not a big fan of his hypocritical flame-fanning.

However, let's at least get this story straight. It had nothing to do with the Relentless wine which Lavi was giving out in honor of Julia Rowe.

What Ruff complained about, and in all likelihood manufactured, was that he said the Canes locker room had champagne on ice before game 6 when they could have closed out Buffalo.

Good link. I'd also remind people of all the backslapping Campbell got for his hit from his teammates and they continued to celebrate his act of "toughness" even after it was clear Umberger had been injured. See Jay McKee's quotes at the time as an example.

He should get a lifetime suspension. There is no place for fighting in hockey. For the game to grow in the United States, fighting needs to be banned.

He should get a lifetime suspension. There is no place for fighting in hockey. For the game to grow in the United States, fighting needs to be banned.

Thats going to far!