The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Michelle McMahon hired (Chantel replacement)

Nice, a midwesterner.  I'll forgive the Michigan connection.  :)

Welcome Michelle!

She's no-nonsense in a good way.  I'm a volleyball player, and I say she'd be "tough to play against."  I'd rather not be on the other side of the net.

If she puts this level of prep into NHL hockey, not only will she do well, but Tripp will be nervous.

I can hear the stutter now, and what was for dinner.

I wonder if Chantel'S DUI affected her resigning.....

It is hard to imagine that the DUI did not impact the decision on Chantel. All the more reason I would have thought the Canes would have had Michelle McMahon clean up some of the photos on her Instagram account before the hiring announcement. The Canes posted a link to her account on their Instagram announcement of the hire. Looking at some of her photos, it appears Michelle much enjoys the juice of the grape...the photo of her looking disappointingly cross-eyed at an empty wine glass is most amusing!

I love red heads, I love thick girls, and I love girls that like to party. its a win, win, win for me.

Whats really important though........is she speaks confidently and does not stumble on her words or mispronounce stuff constantly. thumbs up Carolina, most improved move of the off season.

It is hard to imagine that the DUI did not impact the decision on Chantel. All the more reason I would have thought the Canes would have had Michelle McMahon clean up some of the photos on her Instagram account before the hiring announcement. The Canes posted a link to her account on their Instagram announcement of the hire. Looking at some of her photos, it appears Michelle much enjoys the juice of the grape...the photo of her looking disappointingly cross-eyed at an empty wine glass is most amusing!

There is nothing wrong with drinking and/or over drinking. But drivinf afterwards is the problem. As long as it doesn't affect your ability to so your job on a daily basis then more power to you. Please don't tell me you're one of those religious fanatics that calls alcohol the Devils juice?

A 100 times better than Chantel?  Please, enough with the hyperbole.  If John and Tripp can't put a shine on s**t that is the Canes roster the last 6 years how could Chantel? Try interviewing some of the Canes players yourself.  With the exception of 2 or 3 of them they are the dullest, dim witted, no personality group who do nothing to make an interview interesting. Like interviewing rotting turnips who cannot speak. 

Chantel just like Elizabeth are a couple of young women using an insignificant NHL team and their very small market team audience to build their skill sets.  Who can say they didn't hire Elizabeth simply because she accepted a lower salary than Chantel?  I wish Chantel well just like I will wish Elizabeth well when she departs sometime in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime we remain stuck forever with pre-game deadhead Shane Willis.

Dump Willis and bring in Aaron Ward once he gets his issues resolved. He has good TV presence. Then attach electric prods to the players when Aaron's interviewing them and if they give a dull answer Aaron can zap them and everyone gets a good laugh.

Edited by raleighcaniac

A 100 times better than Chantel?  Please, enough with the hyperbole.  If John and Tripp can't put a shine on s**t that is the Canes roster the last 6 years how could Chantel? Try interviewing some of the Canes players yourself.  With the exception of 2 or 3 of them they are the dullest, dim witted, no personality group who do nothing to make an interview interesting. Like interviewing rotting turnips who cannot speak. 

Chantel just like Elizabeth are a couple of young women using an insignificant NHL team and their very small market team audience to build their skill sets.  Who can say they didn't hire Elizabeth simply because she accepted a lower salary than Chantel?  I wish Chantel well just like I will wish Elizabeth well when she departs sometime in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime we remain stuck forever with pre-game deadhead Shane Willis.

Dump Willis and bring in Aaron Ward once he gets his issues resolved. He has good TV presence. Then attach electric prods to the players when Aaron's interviewing them and if they give a dull answer Aaron can zap them and everyone gets a good laugh.

Bad cornflakes this morning?  Michelle is 100x better than Chantel.   Had nothing to do with interviews.  Who's Elizabeth? Willis does a good job. 

Then attach electric prods to the players when Aaron's interviewing them and if they give a dull answer Aaron can zap them and everyone gets a good laugh.

I fully support electric prods controlled wirelessly from a console attached to BP's forearm during play, which prods are integrated into the tailbone pad of each skaters' hockey pants. Beyond that, this discussion is out of my depth.

I'm Top-Shelf-1 and I approve this message.

Bad cornflakes this morning?  Michelle is 100x better than Chantel.   Had nothing to do with interviews.  Who's Elizabeth? Willis does a good job. 

I don't know, man - 0 times 100 is still 0...

An interview goes two ways, Chantel was asking boring dim-witted questions. At least Michelle is asking things that have a chance of non-generic answers.

Michelle brings a professional poise to what she's doing, Chantel appeared to be trying to get ready during the games and seemed genuinely confused most of the time.

Chantel was the wannabe model who never actually became a model and then proceeded to get a DUI and it ruined her career. I wonder where she is now? I like Michelle, she has a lot of personality and cracks jokes which in my opinion, is a great thing....

An interview goes two ways, Chantel was asking boring dim-witted questions. At least Michelle is asking things that have a chance of non-generic answers.

Michelle brings a professional poise to what she's doing, Chantel appeared to be trying to get ready during the games and seemed genuinely confused most of the time.

What was it Chantel asked that one time?  "What did it mean to the team for you to score that goal in overtime?" or something like that?  I don't remember who it was now, but the answer was something like "Well, we won...".  Yeah, she was rough.

My '0 times 100 is still 0' comment above was meant as dissatisfaction with Chantel, not Michelle.  I like Michelle was well.  She brings a professionalism to that role we haven't had since Bob Harwood.

The subtle banter with Forslund keeping him on his toes is what I like.

That, and occasional questions I really am interested in the answer to.

I thought Chantel was improving a lot last year, by, among other things, learning to pronounce all of the players names. She cooked her own goose when she got the DWI. Michelle does seem more at ease in the role and I think actually knew something about hockey before she took the job.

BTW, who the heck is Elizabeth? And why do you call yorself raleighcaniac and then refer to the Canes as "an insignifcant team?" They may be insignificant in Canada, but they are not to me.