The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Michelle McMahon hired (Chantel replacement)

Chantel is a pageant contestant turned sports commentator.  Michelle is a college athlete turned sports commentator. To me, the difference in sports knowledge was readily apparent. And yes, I'm pretty sure I read that McMahon worked Big Ten hockey games in a previous job.

Edited by LakeLivin

A 100 times better than Chantel?  Please, enough with the hyperbole.  If John and Tripp can't put a shine on s**t that is the Canes roster the last 6 years how could Chantel? Try interviewing some of the Canes players yourself.  With the exception of 2 or 3 of them they are the dullest, dim witted, no personality group who do nothing to make an interview interesting. Like interviewing rotting turnips who cannot speak. 

Chantel just like Elizabeth are a couple of young women using an insignificant NHL team and their very small market team audience to build their skill sets.  Who can say they didn't hire Elizabeth simply because she accepted a lower salary than Chantel?  I wish Chantel well just like I will wish Elizabeth well when she departs sometime in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime we remain stuck forever with pre-game deadhead Shane Willis.

Dump Willis and bring in Aaron Ward once he gets his issues resolved. He has good TV presence. Then attach electric prods to the players when Aaron's interviewing them and if they give a dull answer Aaron can zap them and everyone gets a good laugh.

Hi Chantel.....really my post was just giving my opinion that Michelle is 100x better than you.  It is solely my opinion and it doesn't mean you didn't improve over the couple of seasons you were here.

I hope this post finds you well.

Is "Thanks so much" a running joke for the TV crew or do you think FSS really wants them saying that to every player after every interview? Kinda weird

The difference between Michelle and Chantel is that Chantel struggled and had to work hard to try to get through a broadcast. With Michelle it's effortless - she's a natural and a big improvement.