OBXer

2015 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes 5h5 hours ago

E. Staal-J. Staal-Versteeg

Di Giuseppe-Ryan-Tolchinsky

Malone-Nash-Nestrasil

Sandlak-Sutter-Boychuk

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes 5h5 hours ago

#Canes have 8 defensemen skating in game group: Fleury, Murphy, Hainsey, Pesce, Lowe, Biega, Faulk and Liles. Goaltenders: Lack, MacIntyre

Chip Alexander- N&O reports Faulk and Liles won't play

Link was nothing but spam and ads for me. Wanting me to input cc to"verify". No thanks. Any other options?

Only approved links are allowed to be posted on the board. I have deleted the link. You can share links in private messages or emails but caution use at your own risk. 

DirecTV blacked out.  Preseason.  We are supposed to drive to Washington?

Someone doesn't want to sell advertising?

Sometimes the idiocy of this world boggles the mind.

it's a freaking YouTube link to the game.  You people are ridiculous.

An unapproved stream is an unapproved stream. It doesn't matter who hosts it now does it?

OK, watched the last two periods. Learned a few things:

1. The first pre season games are probalby not worth watching. Holy boring hockey, Batman! The guys are just not in form yet. I'm not sure, but I think they are going about 70%. If true, it makes the rest of the analysis less helpful.

2. Hayden Fleury overall looked better. Still too soon to tell, but did not look out of place.

3. Tolchinksy did not look out of place either, but neither did he create points.

4. Ryan still seems to make thing happen, even if unspectacularly.

5. Eddie Lack looks really good. So far.

6. If we can go 3 on 1 all night we will really score a lot of goals. But seriously, the boys did end the 3 on 3 nicely, yes, it was 3 on 1, but they tic tac toed it beautifully and Versteeg top shelfed the goal. 3 on 3 is going to cut down the shootouts.

I suspect tonight will be similar.

Edited by remkin

After watching last nights game.  I think it's obvious that our small Russian forward is not ready for the big show just yet.  Not saying he won't be fine down the road.  But he just isn't ready yet and will be a liability if he makes the big club.  He needs a year or 2 of development in the AHL to be taught certain aspects of the game.  Fluery, Pesce, and Ryan all looked good though.

Ryan takes the prize as our best forward "prospect" atm.

Edited by bluedevil58

It's difficult to say after just one game were the line-up is a mix of hopefuls and veterans just how this team is shaping up. Lack was the best of the night.

Fleury did look better to me last night. He would have to go back to Juniors though, not being AHL eligible. In an odd way, some players benefit from the NHL-Junior hockey agreements in that teams may think another year of Juniors is not ideal, then give him the 9 game tryout, then they earn a spot, but still cannot be sent to the AHL.

To get the 9 games he has to not look like he's going to cost us dearly. Basically not look too out of place. To me he did look like that a little defensively (iffy) at prospect camp and Traverse City, but did not last night. I do think they really want to give him every chance to at least get that 9 day look.

A lot of his competition is also on two ways, which is an advantage to get that towards getting the tryout: if he's not really ready we can just send him back and call up one of those guys from Charlotte.

I will say that w a very small sample size I would put a bet on Hanifin. Though, ironically, Hanifin could be sent to the AHL, while Fleury cannot. Hanifin just looked really good in the Red White scrimmage, really good.

Edited by remkin

expected line-up against Pens per Michael Smith

Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
Gerbe-Nordstrom-Terry
McGinn-Wallmark-Karlsson
Woods-Hensick-Brown

Hanifin-Faulk
Slavin-Wisniewski
Rissanen-McKeown

Ward
Tirronen

So we get a look at Skinner-Rask-Linholm line tonight. It appears to me Peters would like this line to gel. Fingers crossed!

Hanifin with Faulk should be interesting to watch and we get a look at Ward-0

I think that line could gel but Skinner needs to give up the puck to his line mates more often and trust them to make plays.  I thought he was somewhat figuring that out at the end of last season.

Edited by coastal_caniac