The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2015 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Of course Peters has said it's all fluid, but it does seem like between last night and tonight he wants to look at:

E/J/Versteeg and Skinner Rask Lindholm

All of the rest of the lines look pretty temporary.

It is interesting that he wants to see Hanifin w/ Faulk too.

Skinner does need to figure out his game. How he fits. I also think he looked better toward the end of last season.

As far as the prospects go:

I'm hoping Woods has an impressive outing, much like PDG did last night.

And that McGinn-Wallmark-Karlsson line looks interesting.

Hanifin isn't going to get a break tonight as the Pens have most of their top forwards in the lineup.

I guess a few goals going in. Not watching, is Cam not sharp?

Then:

05:30 CAR

Jeff Skinner (1) Wrist shot - ASST: Elias Lindholm (2), Noah Hanifin (1)

If all goes well, might see that box score line a few more times.

I'm watching, Cam's really struggling.  The Canes actually defended that last goal pretty well, but Crosby's backhand just froze him.

Hanifin was really nervous to start the game but he's looking really smooth now.

Rask and Lindhom, peas and carrots.

Gerbe is awesome.

Edited by coastal_caniac

So we get a look at Skinner-Rask-Linholm line tonight. It appears to me Peters would like this line to gel. Fingers crossed!

Hanifin with Faulk should be interesting to watch and we get a look at Ward-0

Based on Peter's comments coming into camp, he's hopeful for an E/Rask/Lindy line, which would mean Skinner/J/Versteeg. I'm guessing that with the way the squads were split for this back-to-back, he's trying to decide whether he'll leave the yutes together, and leave E with his bro and Versteeg.

I'd also guess we'll see the two lines I listed first, above, as our 1-2 units in at least one game, probably near the end of pre-season, so he can make a final decision.

Edited by top-shelf-1

Please tell me that Cam didn't let in all 7 of those Pens goals!

Nope.

Just the first 6, in 30 minutes of work. Eeesh.

Edited by top-shelf-1

Nope.

Just the first 6, in 30 minutes of work. Eeesh.

Yikes...one game does not a competition end, but comparing his stats to Eddie's, he's not looking so good at keeping the starting position.

Well at least all of the excuses for Cam will start again this season,,,ALREADY!!    lol

Okay, why not?

He always throws in a clunker early in pre-season.

He's still 3 million cheaper than Eric.

He's good for Lack's development.

Lack wasn't facing Crosby, Malkin and Kessel.

That oughta hold you...

Yeah,, Lack should watch Cam and learn what goals not to let in.. Lack needs to do 100% opposite, of  what Cam does!  MISSION MIGHT BE ACCOMPLISHED!! 

What did everyone think of Hanfin last night?  There is not a better way to tell if an 18 year D man is NHL ready than going against that line up last night.  Think he will make the big club?  I think he had a great game last night.  He won't be asked to handle that kind of load night in and night out and he held his own.  I think he will be OK as a 2nd pairing guy this year if he can keep that kind of play consistent.

Edited by bluedevil58

Well at least all of the excuses for Cam will start again this season,,,ALREADY!!    lol

Welcome back.

6 goals on 21 shots is bad, real bad.  Really don't know how you make an excuse for that.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Criticism equals hate?   I guess I missed the Websters update.

There are years of evidence to this issue, and it's more of a lifetime achievement award in some cases.

As has been stated though, 6 goals on 21 shots is not defendable by even the biggest fan-boy.

Well not defending him but I will cut him some slack because Cam basically faced an all star team with an AHL team defending them in front of him.....sooo, I'm not gonna make to much of this game since its his first pre season outing. Game number 2 for Cam better be a complete turn around or he won't be in net opening night cause that's about as bad as it gets.

This may however be a sign of how powerful Pitts is gonna be with Kessel added to the fire power. I mean look at that line up, I'm jealous.

Edited by danimal-ch1