The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2015/16 In-Season Talk

He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Looks like Wiz can make it back just in time for the play-offs.

I like these, and they are what I'm opting to hang onto  :lol:

I won't say the Wiz injury is a positive, but injuries come with turf in this game--and adversity, sucky as it is, is also a necessary ingredient for bringing a team together. 

Even with Jordan and Biega called up, we've got Pesce, Slavin, Ganly and Rissanen down on the farm. Given that we have Faulk, Liles, Hainsey, Murph and Hanifin up here, AND given the ability of five guys to hold the fort against a potent offensive team Thursday night, I think it's waaaay too early to start sending up distress flares.

Every one of the listed prospects impressed BP in camp. Not one of them is under 6-2 or less than 200 lbs. It's been a long time since the or-gan-eye-ZAY-shun was so heavy with legit D prospects, and while the perfect scenario is not rushing them, did anyone here really expect the perfect scenario to play out?

Edited by top-shelf-1

Somebody finally said it.

Yeah, but I don't see it happening. I think we're about finding out what we've got, not revisiting what we've had.

Edited by top-shelf-1

Better known as the PBASL.

Joni's team, the Cary Geriatrics, are really hopeful of getting a second grab at the brass ring this season, against their archrival Greater Triangle Knitting Guild, the same Final matchup as last year, when the KnitWits won the Protective Cup in seven. The fiesty Oldsters came soooooo close last year.

Bad news. Tlusty and Semin both have more points than any player on the roster for the Hurricanes. This is probably due to a coach not knowing how to properly utilize his forwards.

Edited by bluedevil58

Bad news. Tlusty and Semin both have more points than any player on the roster for the Hurricanes. This is probably due to a coach not knowing how to properly utilize his forwards.

With two games in, it may be just a tad bit early to be saying I told you so.

Really blue?  REALLY?!?!?  Two games in and you pull the Debbie Downer already?

Have a look at our schedule...we must have really pissed off someone in the scheduling department to draw the lot we got this season...if we can manage to win 4-5 games this month, I'll be exstatic.

Have to agree the October schedule is brutal to say the least...Therefore play a Full 60, no let downs, and when you have a lead in the 3rd close the door... in my worth-less, but often spoken opinion, through the first 2 games we look much improved from last year, bad news, so did the Preds/Wings...and the one glaring worry to me, is that same nagging issue of a struggle to score the puck.......  side note: wonder if we see Lack  next game???

Edited by PamlicoPuck

Really blue?  REALLY?!?!?  Two games in and you pull the Debbie Downer already?

Have a look at our schedule...we must have really pissed off someone in the scheduling department to draw the lot we got this season...if we can manage to win 4-5 games this month, I'll be exstatic.

HEEEEEYYYYY!!! It's "Mr. Sunshine"!! Get it right or pay the price!! :lol:

I'm convinced that BD comes here and posts this stuff mostly to get a rise out of us. There's a word for such behavior on every other board on the Internet--but I don't think that word applies to BD. I think he's really unhappy with the Canes' performance, and who can blame him? The only thing I don't understand is why he blames coaches when we're on our fourth since the Cup win, and in that same period, the one constant in terms of skaters has been our Captain.

Now before somebody jumps in here and says I'm hating on Eric, let me be clear: It's not Eric I hate. Yes, I'm disappointed in his play and believe it's not on par with the contract we gave him, and I know I've made that clear plenty. BUT, it's the contract WE GAVE him that instantly and severely limited the team's ability to "buy" a roster. That, in turn (largely) put us into a cycle of making do with what we had and hoping for the best.

I believe that, painful as that has been for we fans to watch in the meantime, we're (finally) on the way out of that cycle. We are done thinking we can buy rosters and we're working hard to develop our picks instead. That can only be a good thing in the long run, and I have to agree with AWAC. Jumping on the only coach who has brought what looks and sounds (and quacks) like discipline and determination (check out Eric's post-game quotes) to the locker room, just two very close games into the season - and when it wasn't HIM who couldn't score 5-on-3 - is not only premature, it is meant to provoke a response here. 

So, Mr. Sunshine, mission accomplished. But there's two sides to that: I herewith second Legend's request for further info. I've just been named GM for a day, and I've named you coach. What would you do differently to better utilize our forwards?

Edited by top-shelf-1

Have to agree the October schedule is brutal to say the least...Therefore play a Full 60, no let downs, and when you have a lead in the 3rd close the door... in my worth-less, but often spoken opinion, through the first 2 games we look much improved from last year, bad news, so did the Preds/Wings...and the one glaring worry to me, is that same nagging issue of a struggle to score the puck.......  side note: wonder if we see Lack  next game???

I think it's hard to start Lack Tuesday when Cam played as well as he did and could just as easily have two wins right now. I think you have to roll with him again and tell the boys to go out and get their keeper a home win before they hit the road. Lack could then start in Motor City Friday, and back to Cam Saturday in DC. But what do I know?

Edited by top-shelf-1

I think Lack will see time between the pipes next weekend, which game, who knows.

Just to change things up a little. The MIGHTY JR led Pittsburgh Penguins are 0-2 and have scored only ONE goal (They were shut out by the Dallas Stars and Kessel got the lone goal last night in Arizona)

Their fans are probably ready to hang someone!

Edited by hopper915