The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
realmdrakkar

realmdrakkar

Hallo.  It's been an arduous trek, but i'm finally able to make a first post here.  Many thanks to superdave, rem, and especially OBX, who's been loyally working with me for 6 weeks to make this happen.

My introduction to hockey was as a 4-year-old season ticket holder with the EHL Charlotte Checkers (thank my family for that - i didn't make that move on my own).  A couple years later we moved to the DC area, where we caught a good number of Capitals games before eventually moving back to NC, this time in the metropolis of Goldsboro.  I was limited to hockey on television until the Raleigh IceCaps came around, and i caught a good number of games there as well until the Hurricanes ran them out of town.  I've never done season tickets with the Hurricanes but have caught a good number of games over the years, and in addition to that i worked for 2 years as an off-ice official with the Fayetteville Force.  If you've never gotten a gig like that and have the chance, i highly recommend it - it's a freaking blast.  Took a couple years off of hockey due to frustration over the continually re-occurring lockouts, but going to make another run of it this season.  Moved back to Charlotte late last year and i intend on catching as many Checkers games as possible.

I've been posting about the Hurricanes for years, first on AOL (yeah, like none of you lot ever did the AOL thing), then as MoBigRed on the long-dead ncpen.com and now letsgocanes.com.  I also, despite all cries of outrage, regularly post on the Facebook page (save me from myself...).  Will i overwhelm you guys with insight here?  Of course not, but that's not going to stop me from trying, and my posts might even be longer than my self-gratuitous introduction post here.  You're welcome...

Edited by realmdrakkar

Welcome to our board. I look forward to seeing your posts and it is nice to have someone in Charlotte that might be able to give us some insight into the Chex.

Yes, a very big welcome realmdrakkar. I am still down here in that metropolis of Goldsboro. It is getting a little more metropolitan, OK, can't use that word yet, but at least we have more stuff than Mt Olive.

Anyway, sorry it took you so long to get in, I understand "we" are still working on that process. I really hope it is fixed soon because I think all of us really welcome new voices.

And on long posts....the longer the better, make mine seem shor....ok well, at least not the only one.

Anyways, looking forward to your posts!

Hey, I'm here to tell ya long posts aren't necessary, so don't listen to him. :P  Make a point and move along.

And bring along a sense of humor.

Seriously though, welcome, we always need fresh voices around here.  Looking forward to your perspectives.  :)

Edited by coastal_caniac