The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac23

Who Stays/Goes w/Yanks

Update I heard was Steinbrenner's sons are taking over the day-to-day stuff but George will still be in charge.

Sorry... :(

"George will stay have say"... yeah, sure. Watch, the sons will have at it. It'll just have George's "stamp" of approval, you know? The first order of business the sons have done is this... Joba is starting. If Joba's starting, we have no good closer in the 'pen with Mo on the verge. They wouldn't stick him the rotation if Mo' wasn't leaving, and Mo's staying if Torre stays. There you go, connected the dots. ;)

"George will stay have say"... yeah, sure. Watch, the sons will have at it. It'll just have George's "stamp" of approval, you know? The first order of business the sons have done is this... Joba is starting. If Joba's starting, we have no good closer in the 'pen with Mo on the verge. They wouldn't stick him the rotation if Mo' wasn't leaving, and Mo's staying if Torre stays. There you go, connected the dots. ;)

I actually did follow that, LOL.

I actually did follow that, LOL.

Ron Guidry, pitching coach, might not be back.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172007/sport...ate_unclear.htm

Yanks want Triple A pitching coach, who worked with Joba, Ian Kennedy, and Phil Hughes. He knows them better, but Leo Mazzone, Ron Guidry, or AAA coach..hmm...

Edit: And I bet Arod's agent Scott Boras will ask the Yanks for an extension first of unbelieavale magnitude, and if he doesn't get it, walks out making it look like Arod wanted to opt out originally. Let him walk, sign Russell Branyan or Abraham Nunez, Kerry Wood for relief (if available), or keep going along those lines. Trade Abreu for Cla Meredith while you're at it. ;) And Igawa, and Pavano, please.

The latest breaking news... Joe Torre was offered a 1 year contract, with a 1 year option. 1 year of 5 mil base, 1 mil for making the ALDS, 1 mil for the ALCS, and 1 for MAKING the WS, not winning, just making, and if he made it to the WS, he'd get a second year for 8 mil. Joe Torre... HAS TURNED DOWN THE OFFER! Wow! Joe will NOT be coming back!

I can't blame the man for turning down that offer. It's a matter of pride, and Joe has too much of that to return just for one more year. I hope he ends up somewhere great.

Just heard a decent portion of Torre's press conference. Sure sounds like Torre has no regrets for his decision and not a lot good memories about working for George. He definately sounded insulted by the contract offer and had no intention of even negotiating with the Steinbrenner boys. As Charlie Steiner said, "This is a PR nightmare for the Yankees". The fall out will come when the players start speaking up through contract talk and through the media. Torre made it pretty clear that George was never satisfied with the team, even when they won the Subway Series with the Mets. The only person Torre felt was on his side was Cashman, they had a great relationship together.

Wow, all is not calm in the Big Apple and will show no signs of slowing down all off season. It'll be interesting to see what the players respond with. Jeter has to be pissed off and I don't blame him. I now think that ARod will walk, Rivera will retire and unless Posada gets at least a two year deal, he's gone too. There will be some team that needs his veteran leadership for a couple of years.

As a Red Sox fan, its kind of fun to see the Yankee Empire crumble but as a baseball fan, I know that this is not good for the game.

I have to laugh....only the Yankees can still grab all the media attention during the playoffs, when they're not even still playing, LOL.

Just heard a decent portion of Torre's press conference. Sure sounds like Torre has no regrets for his decision and not a lot good memories about working for George. He definately sounded insulted by the contract offer and had no intention of even negotiating with the Steinbrenner boys. As Charlie Steiner said, "This is a PR nightmare for the Yankees". The fall out will come when the players start speaking up through contract talk and through the media. Torre made it pretty clear that George was never satisfied with the team, even when they won the Subway Series with the Mets. The only person Torre felt was on his side was Cashman, they had a great relationship together.

Wow, all is not calm in the Big Apple and will show no signs of slowing down all off season. It'll be interesting to see what the players respond with. Jeter has to be pissed off and I don't blame him. I now think that ARod will walk, Rivera will retire and unless Posada gets at least a two year deal, he's gone too. There will be some team that needs his veteran leadership for a couple of years.

As a Red Sox fan, its kind of fun to see the Yankee Empire crumble but as a baseball fan, I know that this is not good for the game.

I have to laugh....only the Yankees can still grab all the media attention during the playoffs, when they're not even still playing, LOL.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Only the Yankees can still be making headlines during an intense ALCS and hot Rockies playing... Arod, gone. Mo, gone. Posada, who knows. Pettitte, gone.

Future Yankees

C - Molina

1st - Giambi/Phillips/Who knows

2nd - Robinson Cano

3rd - Wilsom Betemit

SS- Derek Jeter

LF - Matsui/Damon

CF - Cabrera/Damon

RF - Damon/Thompson/Sardanna/Duncan and who else knows

SP

Joba Chamberlain

Chein-Ming Wang

Phil Hughes

Ian Kennedy

Mike Mussina/Carl Pavano (:lol:)/Kei Igawa

RP

Brian Bruney

Kyle Farnsworth

Edwar Ramirez or something

Jose Veras

Luis Vizcaino

Ron Villone

CP - Ha! Who knows..

This is what our lineup looks like right about now. RP looks dull. Bruney and Vizcaino are our only spots. And THAT is sad, besides out closer of course. <_<

Jorge Posada was offered $40 million for three years. What do you think C23, will he take it?

I think its a good deal for him...but only if he wants to retire a Yankee.

Jorge Posada was offered $40 million for three years. What do you think C23, will he take it?

I think its a good deal for him...but only if he wants to retire a Yankee.

Hate to say it C23 but the Empire is crumbling from all sides now. The Steinbrenner Sons are clearly not handling the press well and your team will miss Joe Torre if for nothing else, the way he handled the tough media with total class. The fact that Scott Boras announced Arod's intent in the 8th inning of the game clinching World Series game, was one of the most classless things Ive ever seen, and just fuels the fire as to why people just don't like ARod, regardless of his skill.

From: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084640

Upon hearing the news, Steinbrenner -- now the figurehead of the Yankees' baseball operations -- sent a scathing message Rodriguez's way.

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Steinbrenner told the New York Daily News. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.

"I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."

Steinbrenner also answered the question of whether there's any chance he could change his mind. "We're not going to back down," he said. "It's goodbye."

This statement, IMO, is why the Yankees are struggling as an organization in the front office and on the field...its not a privledge to play for the Yankees or any team, its a privledge to be playing MLB baseball, and to be paid to play a game that you are highly skilled at. Until the Yanks front office send this message out, it will never change. Its statements like these that also fuel the financial criticisms thrown out to both the Yanks and the Red Sox. The biggest difference being that the Red Sox ownership gets that for the business to thrive, the players must be relaxed and have fun playing the game their paid to be playing. Even when the Yanks went on their amazing winning streak that got them back in the hunt, were they ever having any fun? How do you build chemistry without having any fun?

Sorry C23, but I'm trying not to look at it from a Sox fans point of view, but from a baseball fan's point of view.

Hate to say it C23 but the Empire is crumbling from all sides now. The Steinbrenner Sons are clearly not handling the press well and your team will miss Joe Torre if for nothing else, the way he handled the tough media with total class. The fact that Scott Boras announced Arod's intent in the 8th inning of the game clinching World Series game, was one of the most classless things Ive ever seen, and just fuels the fire as to why people just don't like ARod, regardless of his skill.

From: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084640

Upon hearing the news, Steinbrenner -- now the figurehead of the Yankees' baseball operations -- sent a scathing message Rodriguez's way.

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Steinbrenner told the New York Daily News. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.

Steinbrenner also answered the question of whether there's any chance he could change his mind. "We're not going to back down," he said. "It's goodbye."

This statement, IMO, is why the Yankees are struggling as an organization in the front office and on the field...its not a privledge to play for the Yankees or any team, its a privledge to be playing MLB baseball, and to be paid to play a game that you are highly skilled at. Until the Yanks front office send this message out, it will never change. Its statements like these that also fuel the financial criticisms thrown out to both the Yanks and the Red Sox. The biggest difference being that the Red Sox ownership gets that for the business to thrive, the players must be relaxed and have fun playing the game their paid to be playing. Even when the Yanks went on their amazing winning streak that got them back in the hunt, were they ever having any fun? How do you build chemistry without having any fun?

Sorry C23, but I'm trying not to look at it from a Sox fans point of view, but from a baseball fan's point of view.

No no TSA. You're right. As I mentioned in the MLB post, our teams are so much alike, except your Front Office is better. You don't have Steinbrenner breathing down your necks. Guarenteed if Steiny ruled the Sox, none of them would have as much fun as they did. But, thats the price the players make. They KNOW signing on with the Yanks how Stein is (and now his sons too, sad) and what the expectations are. They run it like a business, not a sport. No long hair, no facial hair, no this, no that. Do this, do that, win this, win that, no WS?!?! You're Fired! It's no wonder Steinbrenner and Trump go golfing together.

And I agree. What Borat and Arod did during the 8th was one of the most unsportsmanlike things I have seen. That time was about the Sox and the Rox. NOT about Arod. Heck, even the Yanks knew that. Thats why they decided to wait until after the WS was over to announce the new manager. (that and because the attention would focus on the Yanks again, instead of both Sox and Yanks)

And there are talks from the NYPost and Daily News that perhaps we might trade some players (again?!?!) for the likes of Johan Santana, Adrian Beltra, or Joe Crede. I hope they dont trade Melky, Joba, and Phil Hughes. Thats our future. Johan's great, but... it's like getting rid of the family pets. :(

From: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084640[/post]

Thought you might like this one TSA

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10232007/sport..._the.htm?page=1

Man. The talk at another Yankees forum is stressing. Trade Wang and Melky for Johan. Trade Damon or Abreu for Chone Figgins. Instead of buying fruits and veggies from a store that our ripe now but will be dead later, plant seeds and use them endlessly.