The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

Board gathering, Saturday, 3 Nov. 07

Even though I'm coming to Tailgates in November, I won't be there with my mini-van full of equipment and supplies this time.

We will need folding tables. We had 2 six or eight-foot banquet size, a four-foot one, and my three-foot dog show grooming table last time. We pretty much used all the space. And we will need covers for the table tops each afternoon.

Also - too many hotdog buns! I ended up being the one to take them home and forced the family to eat all manner of hot dogs, brats, etc until there was a revolt. I say let the folks bringing the brats bring enough buns to match. Everyone else bring something else. Dog I hope you've had the condiments refrigerated !!!

Desserts ! We had great cookies from Ms. 300 but she had her hands full organizing this and still monitoring the board. Let's spread the cooking around. Ladies... do I hear double chocolate fudge brownies callmg to me ???? Let's add a sugar high to the mojo and spend the night's game on the ceiling. Oooh! We have a Russell Stover outlet here in St.Joe. I have not been there but it would be worth a recon trip to see if there is something I should bring back to Blue Sky Country. Can one ever have too much chocolate around ????

We need chairs! It is also going to be DARK early... we need lights, and not the open fire variety. anyone got Coleman lanterns or those hurricane lights we all have in Carolina that are like table top storm lights which are battery-operated? Bring 'em!

No liter bottles of stuff because that means open drinking containers = spillage. Let's just use cans and 20-ounce bottles of libation. Unless you've got mojo fruit seltzer and just want to up-end the bottle and slug it back with abandon. Salud!

Cameras! Dee's name tags were great. Unfortunately I ended up with them and they got packed for KCMO and are in a box somewhere in storage

Important question: for those of us who are non-season ticket holders, are we all going to buy a block of tickets so that we can sit together?

that is harder to do for weekend games, I did that and donated them to the forum for opening night and the September 21st pre-season game but harder to do for weekend games.

I won't be able to make it cause I will be flying in that day from Texas, so I can't do it. Maybe Francois can come in my place! I will have to get with him and ask him. :lol: You never know with that crazy boy! :P

Important question: for those of us who are non-season ticket holders, are we all going to buy a block of tickets so that we can sit together?

I can put something together. Need to know how many tickets we would need and section. I am partial to 334 or 332...

I'd love to go, but right now I'm targeting the October 24 game because it's College Night (meaning extremely an extremely cheap ticket for me) and Buffalo's coming to town. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to two games in such a short time, but we'll see. If I can, I love the idea of group tickets. Practically everyone was on the other side of the arena from me at the last gathering in April. :(

I can put something together. Need to know how many tickets we would need and section. I am partial to 334 or 332...

PM me on this, I might be able to help.

We had planned on coming for some time now. This weekend Ashley says she wants her birthday party, she will be 16 btw, on that weekend and wants to have her friends over to our house for a sleep over that night. Too many girls, too far to go, and way too much estrogen to attempt a trip like that. ;) We will try to reach some kind of compromise for the tailgating party. :lol:

We plan on being there barring any sort of I can't get tickets situation, not sure when I will get them though.. prob last possible minute :lol: I might bring some friends too if they can make it as well.

As far as food goes, my wife loves making cookies, so mark that down, just need to know how many to make...

I think I am bringing meat... don't ask what kind or where I got it from... :blink:

how many people were there last time?

edit: forgot to ask, is this is a byog (bring your own grill ) situation or will we have a pit so to speak...

Woo hoo this is awesome! Friend of mine from NY picked a random game to come down for and this is it!!! Looks like I may finally get to put some faces with names! What time should we be there. I will figure out something to bring.

Myself and the kids, thats 5 in all. Bringing subs and or nuggets and Double Fudge Brownies :) Would like to know how many people so we can get enough food..Thanks

in times past the rule was pretty much enough to feed your own plus two with the thought being zero waste.

just found out that we have plans for that weekend.. i will be selling our 4 lower bowl tickets to this game on the forum, more info up in about a week.. PM if already interested haha.

yeah.. its sad. :( i wish i could come! have fun guys! :D