The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

Board gathering, Saturday, 3 Nov. 07

Cool then! The time we start depends upon what time the parking lots open, which is usually 3 hours or so before the game starts, I believe, so the FLA game starts at 7 PM, parking opens at 4-ish. We had the last two in the Stadium East parking lot (if you've got the arena to your back & are in front of Carter-Finley Stadium, Stadium East is to your lefthand side, up by where that ridge of trees are.

Cool then! The time we start depends upon what time the parking lots open, which is usually 3 hours or so before the game starts, I believe, so the FLA game starts at 7 PM, parking opens at 4-ish. We had the last two in the Stadium East parking lot (if you've got the arena to your back & are in front of Carter-Finley Stadium, Stadium East is to your lefthand side, up by where that ridge of trees are.

Sounds good. I think I can be there by 430ish.

My fiance (ecuhockeyguy) and I will be there with friends, hopefully as soon as it opens. sometime before the game please let me know exactly where you will be at, 300Sec, so we know where to find you at when we get there. please let us know also if you need us to bring anything. we will be staying in a hotel very close to there so it wont be too difficult to get there very early. looking forward to this awesome division game. panthers looking sluggish so far, maybe we can get a good blowout win that night......

Will be There 3 of us total , me with Daughters 11 and 8

Have one 8 ft Table - can bring about some chairs , A case of Soda and A case of Beer with Ice.

Looking Forward to it.

Any Street Hockey Going on for Kids - We Have a Net , a few Stikcks and Ball/Puck

John

Lyle and I will be there (along with maybe 2-4 others). We have a "table top" grill and also a folding table we can bring. Also have some red and black table clothes left over from our party we can bring as well. I will have to see what else we can bring.

I will almost certainly attend this event, my first tailgate since the bitter cold "CanesGate 1" back in March of 2006.

Damn it was cold that day!

The way the weather has been lately it should be 90 degrees that day and come Sunday it'll be 55 degrees. :P

sooooo my modest estimate of me, my wife, and two of our friends has exploded to around 10+ people over the course of a week... :o I am not sure if we are all going to be in the same section, I got a insider that is going to hook us up with a discount so we can get into the lower bowl (i'm normally a 300s section resident.)

What this means for the tailgate I'm not certain, with so many people I'm not sure whats going to happen.. hopefully I will have more details as they become available ... hopefully... :unsure:

friend ran into a friend that we use to work with a few years back, and then they tell two friends, and then they tell two friends and so on and so on...

I'll be stopping by Sam's Club in Cary on the way in from RDU and picking up a party tray of some kind.

I was seriouslyl thinking about putting together a tray of my new-found Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium tailgate staples: stuffed jalapenos. These things are to DIE for - and I am NOT a pepper person at all. In fact, in my fist encounter with the stuffed jalapenos, I stood and just contemplated their existence for quite awhile. I HATE peppers, but I didn't want to offend the cook and was trying to screw up the courage to indeed down one of the giant green things stuffed with goo without immediately rejecting the contents in a reflux action..... I claimed to be waiting for them to cool (I don't eat anything hot so that was legit), and the host headed out to the barbecue where babyback ribs were smoking, and then I snuck a bite. :mellow:

Oh. Oh! Oh MY.. finished off the rest of pepper #1 and loaded two more of the 'boats' on my plate. Mmmmm - these go down pretty easily! Now I'm positioned directly in front of the tray on which the delicious little devils were pulled from the oven and beginning to feel more than a tad bit proprietary about the collection! The host returns to find me waving a pepper threateningly at him and announcing through a mouthful of goo that I had tried the peppers and he would be allowed to continue to live, barbecue and make more stuffed jalapenos if he just stepped back from the supply on the stove that I have commandeered. I just know that these things will be dressed out to perfection if the cook uses Neese's sausage. sigh. But I've never done these things before and I have another get together up in Wake Forest before the Canes one and I can see my free time slipping away. Maybe some other time....

I'll be stopping by Sam's Club in Cary on the way in from RDU and picking up a party tray of some kind.

I was seriouslyl thinking about putting together a tray of my new-found Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium tailgate staples: stuffed jalapenos. These things are to DIE for - and I am NOT a pepper person at all. In fact, in my fist encounter with the stuffed jalapenos, I stood and just contemplated their existence for quite awhile. I HATE peppers, but I didn't want to offend the cook and was trying to screw up the courage to indeed down one of the giant green things stuffed with goo without immediately rejecting the contents in a reflux action..... I claimed to be waiting for them to cool (I don't eat anything hot so that was legit), and the host headed out to the barbecue where babyback ribs were smoking, and then I snuck a bite. :mellow:

mmm that sounds good. Even if you can't make them, do you have a recipe you can bring? I'd love to give those a try

I will almost certainly attend this event, my first tailgate since the bitter cold "CanesGate 1" back in March of 2006.

Damn it was cold that day!

HAHAHA!! Wasnt that the day it snowed a little? That was a fun time! Mrs Ncc wimped out on me and we had to leave the party earlier than i wanted..but...you know the saying..if SHE aint happy..aint NOBODY happy! :lol: