The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacfromappstate

Halloween costumes

My son and I went out as hockey players (complete with matching Canes home jerseys). My daughter was a cat. No pics though, not since my son decided to take pictures of the fish in the aquarium from INSIDE the tank. (Water is very bad on digital cameras!)

My son and I went out as hockey players (complete with matching Canes home jerseys). My daughter was a cat. No pics though, not since my son decided to take pictures of the fish in the aquarium from INSIDE the tank. (Water is very bad on digital cameras!)

I dropped a cell phone in a swimming pool once. I took out the battery, dried it with a hair dryer and it worked fine. Not sure how well a digital camera would fare though.

I dropped a cell phone in a swimming pool once. I took out the battery, dried it with a hair dryer and it worked fine. Not sure how well a digital camera would fare though.

I was a dead hockey player... I wore my jersey and some gloves, rolled up some running pants to look like hockey pants, and wore a friend's giant socks over my shin guards and taped them up. Then I put on a mask that all the guys love and all the girls hate... it's a nasty-looking skull with a snake wrapped around it.

Then someone at Geno's spilled beer all over the jersey. Then when I soaked it in the sink the red dye ran. :angry:

I was a dead hockey player... I wore my jersey and some gloves, rolled up some running pants to look like hockey pants, and wore a friend's giant socks over my shin guards and taped them up. Then I put on a mask that all the guys love and all the girls hate... it's a nasty-looking skull with a snake wrapped around it.

Then someone at Geno's spilled beer all over the jersey. Then when I soaked it in the sink the red dye ran. :angry:

that would have been a good time to give a demonstration on how one gets instigator and fighting penalties. LOL

Because Halloween was a school night a lot of my friends are having parties this weekend. So I'm going to one Saturday night, and I'm planning on dressing up as a dead musician or hockey player (because it's stuff I own so I won't have to worry about buying anything) I'm leaning towards a punk-rocker, I'm probably going to put my hair up in a mohawk with some torn up band t-shirt, a skinny pair of jeans and old beat up converses.

I'll try and take pictures and let you guys know how that works out =)

haha. the last time I took a picture or myself in a halloweed costume was....so long ago the Canes didn't even exist!-- and I wasn't a hockey fan.

I dressed up as a ghost though. pretty simply. just a little bed sheet with of course my Cam shirt on underneath.

Because Halloween was a school night a lot of my friends are having parties this weekend. So I'm going to one Saturday night, and I'm planning on dressing up as a dead musician or hockey player (because it's stuff I own so I won't have to worry about buying anything) I'm leaning towards a punk-rocker, I'm probably going to put my hair up in a mohawk with some torn up band t-shirt, a skinny pair of jeans and old beat up converses.

I'll try and take pictures and let you guys know how that works out =)

How was the party? Did ya take some pics?

How was the party? Did ya take some pics?

I didn't go after all =( I was too busy that night and didnt make it. But from friends I heard no one dressed up anyways, so it's probaby a good thing I didn't plan too much on it because I would have looked ridiculous :P (like normally, I guess haha)

Mr. GSBG and I celebrated Halloween the Saturday before, hosting a special holiday-themed wine tasting at Vin de Pays. (He was stylin' in a black tie with orange jack-o-lanterns, while I wore "Jangling Jack," my pumpkin bell necklace.) Anyway, we treated our tasting guests to this lineup:

www.vindepayswines.com (714) 996-WINE (9463)

TRICK-OR-TREAT TASTING (10/27/07)

So what is a trick-or-treat tasting? Well, this is a blind tasting. The trick is you've got to guess which varietal you're tasting. The treat is that you get to taste wine. We're serving the eight red wines listed below. You'll notice that we've paired wines with similar taste and body characteristics: Grenache/Barbera; Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon; Carmenere/Merlot; and Syrah/Petite Sirah. But, of course, we won't serve these in pairs and we won't follow the order below ... just to make it extra hard. HAPPY GUESSING!

2005 La Rocas Garnacha/Calatayud (Spain) $10.99

2005 Cascina Castle't Barbera d'Asti/Piedmont (Italy) $14.99

2004 Don Silvestre Malbec/Mendoza (Argentina) $7.99

2005 Rutherford Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon/Napa Valley (California) $14.99

2005 Vina Requingua Carmenere/Curico Valley (Chile) $9.99

2004 Rutherford Ranch Merlot/Napa Valley (California) $14.99

2005 Brander Syrah/Santa Barbara County (California) $14.99

2005 Vinum Cellars Petite Sirah/Clarksburg (California) $11.99

1. ____________________

2. ____________________

3. ____________________

4. ____________________

5. ____________________

6. ____________________

7. ____________________

8. ____________________

(Note: Mr. G printed this exact lineup for our guests, with the orange-colored text I used here. He also included two cute images, one of a pair of grinning Jack-o-lanterns and another of a black Halloween cat. Yep, he had a blast creating it! :D)

Jan/GSBG