The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Bolts suspend Drouin for failing to report to an AHL game

http://www.tsn.ca/lightning-suspend-drouin-after-forward-fails-to-report-for-ahl-game-1.426194

"The Tampa Bay Lightning have suspended Jonathan Drouin indefinitely without pay after the forward failed to report to Wednesday’s AHL game between the Syracuse Crunch and Toronto Marlies.

Drouin, who requested a trade from the Lightning earlier this month after being sent down to the AHL, has two goals and an assist in seven games with Syracuse this season.

Drouin's agent Allan Walsh issued a statement shortly after Drouin was suspended.

"When the Tampa Bay Lightning assigned Jonathan Drouin to Syracuse it was explained the purpose of the assignment was twofold; (1) conditioning due to missed games from injury and (2)  provide proof that he had completely recovered from his injury. Jonathan has now played seven games with Syracuse in the past (14) days.

A few days ago, the Tampa Bay Lightning advised that a trade involving Jonathan was moving closer to completion.  We proposed to Tampa that Jonathan not play in the next few AHL games but continue practicing with the club to avoid any potential injury from preventing an imminent trade. Unfortunately, the Tampa Bay Lightning refused this reasonable request, however, Jonathan was not willing to accept this risk. We have been advised that the Tampa Bay Lightning has suspended Jonathan. 

In light of the latest developments it is clearly in both sides best interests that the Tampa Bay Lightning trade Jonathan as there is no reason for Jonathan to continue with the Tampa Bay Lightning organization in any capacity. We will have no further comment as we await the Tampa Bay Lightning to conclude a trade that involves Jonathan."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when I said it might be interesting to explore a Drouin - Fleury deal? Yeah, let's cancel that. :blink:

Oops, this probably should have been in the "Around the NHL . . ."  thread.  Mods, feel free to move it if you think it's worthwhile.

Yeah, the kid's head isn't on right. He also needs to get a new agent.

Yeah, the kid's head isn't on right. He also needs to get a new agent.

I'll admit I have no idea about agent-player relationships, but the kid (operative word) has talent, and it's kind of sad to see him in this situation.

I'm halfway kidding, but the land of misfit toys and HCBP might do wonders for this kid.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I'll admit I have no idea about agent-player relationships, but the kid (operative word) has talent, and it's kind of sad to see him in this situation.

I'm halfway kidding, but the land of misfit toys and HCBP might do wonders for this kid.

Just seems like a lot for a rookie to ask for a trade due to non- playing time. If we ever got him and BP benched him due to performance is he going to ask for another trade? The kid needs to work hard to deserve his shot. With that said and the negatives mentioned, perhaps BP could straighten him out. The thing I do like is his age and the possibility of him getting better.He could be a possible fit with our youth movement.

I hear you guys.  I guess I wouldn't be opposed to still looking into the kid, but a lot would depend on an interview with Peters and RF to see what the situation is really like.  I have to believe that the price for the kid just got a whole lot cheaper . . .

Remember when I said it might be interesting to explore a Drouin - Fleury deal? Yeah, let's cancel that. :blink:

Maybe they take Murphy for him.

Depending on the results of a personal interview between our brass and Drouin, I'd take that shot.  But the fact that we're playing 2 younger, much lower drafted d-men in the NHL, while Murphy is still in the AHL, makes me think that Murphy's trade value isn't that high.  Unless the entire league sees Drouin as untouchable, but I've got to believe that there will be at least a couple of teams willing to take a chance on him.

Oof...this got waaaaay interesting overnight.  Drama goes up, stock value goes down.  I think Stevie Y is going to make him sit and stew on this for awhile before trading him at the deadline (or even the off-season) for peanuts...just to make a point.  And I fully support him on it too (like he really needs it).

I would not pick a fight, physical or otherwise, with Stevie Y.  The guy has nerves of steel.

Drouin will lose.

If this is the future of young guns, well, then we're in for more drama around the league. 

Everyone's a big shot.