The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kingofminneapolis

Would you trade Brindy for Crosby?

Personally I wouldn't trade Brindy for anyone out there. Like ECU said, he's the heart of this team and you don't just trade that away.

not at all. we arent dumb like edmonton and buffalo was to trade away their heart and soul. he means too much to this team. to this state. leave crosby where he is.

I wouldn't trade Brindy for anything or anyone. Crosby may be "the next one", but the next one does not make a team. Brindy is a very important part of the puzzle that is this team and we need him to complete it. Not to mention the fact that it would probably kill the team morale if the Captain got traded.

The question shouldn't be if we would trade Brind'Amour for Crosby, but if Pittsburgh would trade Crosby for Brind'Amour. It really isn't fair to put the two of them together like this. Both will give you all they have on the ice and, at this point in their careers, Crosby has more to give. That's why I give him the nod.

The question shouldn't be if we would trade Brind'Amour for Crosby, but if Pittsburgh would trade Crosby for Brind'Amour. It really isn't fair to put the two of them together like this. Both will give you all they have on the ice and, at this point in their careers, Crosby has more to give. That's why I give him the nod.

lol oh you have to be kidding. more to give? maybe on the ice. MAYBE. but brindy gives you more alltogether than i think anyone else in the league. crosby is good, and will continue to be good. but come on, Brindy is everything this team needs. There is no reason to trade one for the other. Brindy is what we need here, Crosby is what they need there.

I really doubt that even if Pittsburgh came to JR and said "Hey, we want to trade you Crosby for Brindy" I think JR would turn it down. The numbers a player puts up isn't everything and even so there isn't a huge difference in the stats right now between the two.

lol oh you have to be kidding. more to give? maybe on the ice. MAYBE. but brindy gives you more alltogether than i think anyone else in the league. crosby is good, and will continue to be good. but come on, Brindy is everything this team needs. There is no reason to trade one for the other. Brindy is what we need here, Crosby is what they need there.

Crosby has more to give in the sense that he is 20 years old and Brind'Amour is 37. On paper off course you take Crosby, how is this even a question. Brind'Amour has the intangibles in his favor but nothing else. The question is really how much do you value the future vs the present. If you value this season you take Brind'Amour, if you're more concerned about 3 years down the road you take Crosby without question.

Crosby has more to give in the sense that he is 20 years old and Brind'Amour is 37. On paper off course you take Crosby, how is this even a question. Brind'Amour has the intangibles in his favor but nothing else. The question is really how much do you value the future vs the present. If you value this season you take Brind'Amour, if you're more concerned about 3 years down the road you take Crosby without question.

and that's exactly why Pitt wouldnt give him up for brindy.

Crosby isn't that much different on paper at this point in the season. Only a 3 pt difference and Crosby is a -3 while Brindy is a +8

Either way, neither team would trade their heart and soul.

I wouldn't trade Brindy for anyone else. Brindy is a leader on and off the ice. He is a good role model and has been an asset to the Hurricanes. Crosby is young and yes he has lot's of talent but I just don't see him as captain material. The team looks up to Brindy. I'm sure they take Crosby serious but come one, think about it who are you more likely to pay attention to on the job a 37 yr. old or a 20 yr old with a pretty face?

Mysterious things would start happening if this was ever on the table :lol: which it wouldn't be

Brindy's got way more than Crosby could ever offer this team

When Crosby's face appears like he is a hockey player, with the scars, broken nose, etc. maybe MAYBE we'll even give this a second thought.

Nah, as good as Crosby is we'd have problems keeping him down the road when he's up for a new contract. Plus, as others have said he doesn't bring all the little things to the table that Brind'amour has to offer. And I hate him haha

That choir boy face, all bruised and worn, how would he be in his countless ads for sports drinks, hockey gear, tim hortons etc? Without that extra money he'll never survive on his meager nhl salary hahah

Brindy is the captain for a reason. We all know the reason. He's a true leader, in and out of the locker room. He waits in line signing each and every autograph in his pickup. Not in a brand new pimped out Escalade. Nothing against Crosby, but Brindy does more for this team than just score natural hat tricks, and dazzling goals. I can't see a TEAM looking to Crosby for leadership yet.

Would I like to have Crosby on the team, sure. But how much would I have to give up to have an a huge ego in the lockerroom?

It'd be like having A-Rod with the Sox. Right now, the Sox are so tight as a team, I can't see Arod going there. It might ruin a good thing. (I'm a Yanks fan mind you).. but Crosby sells, he doesn't lead.

sorry about not putting yes as an option earlier but i guess it doesnt seem to be needed.

i was thinking the exact same thing as you guys when i posted this and you are all right, brindy is the heart and soul of this team, but i was just wondering if anybody would still pick crosby regardless.

No. Brindy is the heart of the team and trading him would really kill your franchise (What happened to the Whalers after Ronnie Franchise was let go?). One great player doesn't always make your team. I mean look at the NY Yankees. They had one of the best players in the game and couldn't get it done because of a major lack of chemistry. This Canes team has really nice chemistry right now.