The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kingofminneapolis

Would you trade Brindy for Crosby?

No. Brindy is the heart of the team and trading him would really kill your franchise (What happened to the Whalers after Ronnie Franchise was let go?). One great player doesn't always make your team. I mean look at the NY Yankees. They had one of the best players in the game and couldn't get it done because of a major lack of chemistry. This Canes team has really nice chemistry right now.

<_< Touche.

No. Brindy is the heart of the team and trading him would really kill your franchise (What happened to the Whalers after Ronnie Franchise was let go?). One great player doesn't always make your team. I mean look at the NY Yankees. They had one of the best players in the game and couldn't get it done because of a major lack of chemistry. This Canes team has really nice chemistry right now.

Since it's only a hypothetical question I voted yes, simply because of Crosby's potential to be a consistant 100 + pt scorer, his age, speed and being more of an all around exlosive scoring threat who could make the difference in any game all by himself. Personally, I wouldn't see him as a threat to team chemistry or a whiner in the locker room because he wouldn't wear a C or an A. The Canes have other Veterans to fill those leadership positions.

As far as I know he always brings his "A" game just like Brindy and he can be as much of a setup guy as he is a natural scorer. I can only imagine how much other Canes could benefit from his play and speed and vice versa.

And as far as the Francis/Whaler comparison is concerned, I think you're off by quite a bit. For one, the Whalers got no one in return who even came close to what Francis, Ulfie and Jennings brought to the team - while the Pens obviously got the way better deal in the trade that improved the team to win two Stanley Cups. So yes, I'd say that a great player can deffinitely make a team and take it to the next level.

Just my 2 cents

A world of no.

Nothing against Crosby, I like him just fine, but I don't even want to think about the Canes without Brind'Amour.

Since hell no was not an option I just voted no.

That choir boy face, all bruised and worn, how would he be in his countless ads for sports drinks, hockey gear, tim hortons etc? Without that extra money he'll never survive on his meager nhl salary hahah

LOL I was just thinking the same thing!

But I don't think there is anything really new to add as to why Brindy should stay a Cane regardless of who a hypothetical trade would be with, everyone's got my thoughts pretty well covered lol :P SO I'll just go with my vote for NOOO for trades-ies!

Since it's only a hypothetical question I voted yes, simply because of Crosby's potential to be a consistant 100 + pt scorer, his age, speed and being more of an all around exlosive scoring threat who could make the difference in any game all by himself. Personally, I wouldn't see him as a threat to team chemistry or a whiner in the locker room because he wouldn't wear a C or an A. The Canes have other Veterans to fill those leadership positions.

As far as I know he always brings his "A" game just like Brindy and he can be as much of a setup guy as he is a natural scorer. I can only imagine how much other Canes could benefit from his play and speed and vice versa.

And as far as the Francis/Whaler comparison is concerned, I think you're off by quite a bit. For one, the Whalers got no one in return who even came close to what Francis, Ulfie and Jennings brought to the team - while the Pens obviously got the way better deal in the trade that improved the team to win two Stanley Cups. So yes, I'd say that a great player can deffinitely make a team and take it to the next level.

Just my 2 cents

thats what i was thinking some people might say. obviously in real life brindy's intangibles make crosby seem less appealing. however if you were playing a video game, or fantasy hockey you would obviously pick crosby because you dont score points for leadership

thats what i was thinking some people might say. obviously in real life brindy's intangibles make crosby seem less appealing. however if you were playing a video game, or fantasy hockey you would obviously pick crosby because you dont score points for leadership

...or fantasy trades ;)