The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

John Forslund Getting Props From Bruins fans

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

I looked back in on that Bruins forum after the game.  Forslund's name came up and generated the following comments.

• My Center Ice gave me the Carolina feed, and not being that familiar with their broadcasting team, I thought they were very good.
  • John Forslund is one of the best play by play voices in hockey and Tripp Tracy is excellent doing color. Forslund has been doing games since Hartford and Tracy was a former Harvard goaltender.
  • forslund is great. he did the Bruins pens game on nbcsports a couple weeks ago.
  • Oh yeah, he was just great. Was missing Doc when he popped up on screen at the start, but not when the game started. Called a great game.

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

I looked back in on that Bruins forum after the game.  Forslund's name came up and generated the following comments.

• My Center Ice gave me the Carolina feed, and not being that familiar with their broadcasting team, I thought they were very good.
  • John Forslund is one of the best play by play voices in hockey and Tripp Tracy is excellent doing color. Forslund has been doing games since Hartford and Tracy was a former Harvard goaltender.
  • forslund is great. he did the Bruins pens game on nbcsports a couple weeks ago.
  • Oh yeah, he was just great. Was missing Doc when he popped up on screen at the start, but not when the game started. Called a great game.

Glad Boston was able to recognize talent. He is a great play by play announcer and is being rewarded with calling some national games. 

Agree, John and Tripp are among the best, if not tops. I had Center Ice for years and was surprised at how poor some of the broadcast teams were as well as the weak overall production quality of some of them.

When I first started watching Canes games regularly 2 seasons ago Tripp  would go off on some wacky tangent pretty regularly.  Seems like that's gone way down over the last 2 years. Made me wonder if maybe he'd stopped drinking.  Just kidding. Mostly. :P

The only thing that really leaped out at me this year was his obsession with Josef Vasicek and Nesty during the homecoming weekend.   When he doesn't go walk-about during games he can add some pretty insightful analysis imo.  

You greased the skids on the other h for hockey and f for forum, well done.

And my vote is for Liciano Di Giuseppe.

Tripp does a great job with the telestrator and his game breakdowns, IMO.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Glad to see them getting positive attention, Tripp as well.  I've heard a fair amount of flack on Tripp along the way and while i agree he does go on tangents now and then as well as beat certain things into the ground (such as the aforementioned Nestrasil/Vasicek thing), the vast majority of the time i find him quite enjoyable.  And John, well, he's John...

Tripp after taking some tough love fan input a few years ago has really turned into a decent color man. Some folks still can't stand him because he's not homerish enough but frankly that's fine with me. Chico over on the Devils telecast is just plain irritating to listen to with his Devil man love.

Edited by legend-1

Tripp after taking some tough love fan input a few years ago has really turned into a decent color man. Some folks still can't stand him because he's not homerish enough but frankly that's with me. Chico over on the Devils telecast is just plain irritating to listen to with his Devil man love.

Tripp has improved, although he now gets this snarlish look on his face that makes me laugh.  But that's OK.

Let's not forget Chuck, the one man show.  I was listening to the Chicago/Blues game the other night on XM radio, and when a 5 minute major was called against the Blues, the Blues announcers became very unprofessional.  Whining, groaning, and just plain complaining like children. 

You will hear Tripp, John and Chuck disagree with calls, but they don't go into a 3 minute moan fest.  After I saw the call on TV, I agreed that it was a terrible call, so in this sense, they were right.  But to act like petulant 6 year olds is just uncalled for.  I'll take Tripp's lack of homerism any day compared to over-the-top homerism seen from other announcers.

Edited by wxray1

John is the best there is, Tripp is really good and I like him.  However, sometimes he starts loving on the other team and their players to much when we are losing and I want to punch him.  Like when he couldn't stop talking about how great Scott Gomez was against us the other night,   When we are losing I don't need salt rubbed in the wound Tripp!  I respect that you see all the players and teams equally and give credit where its doo but Cmon man, don't drown us in how awesome the other coach, or team. or players are when we are losing!  Small comments ok, but chill dog, i'm a sore loser.

It's good to see people coming around on Tripp. He may have a goofy side, but he takes his job seriously, and is always very prepared.

John is a universal. Never heard a bad thing about him.

Trippisms are hilarious, and the good groin comment is right up there.

Both guys are great in person too, especially John, who is funny, humble and very approachable.

We are lucky to have them, and of course Chuck too.