The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Drouin Will Be Back for Playoffs

A couple weeks later and it sure seems way more likely that Drouin will be back. Losing Stamkos to a blood clot is a huge blow to the Lightning just before the playoffs, and he's not gonna be back in anything less than a month. Sure sounds like Stamkos has played his last game with the Lightning.

Add to that the fact that Anton Stralman is out 4-6 weeks with a non-displaced fracture to his left leg, a loss that may be almost as big for the Lightning as that of Stamkos, and the fact that Drouin had started to play well in Syracuse, and it looks a lot more likely than it did last month.

Drouin didn't play in the last game for the Crunch, though, and is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, so that might complicate things.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jonathan-drouin-call-up/c-280107656

A couple weeks later and it sure seems way more likely that Drouin will be back. Losing Stamkos to a blood clot is a huge blow to the Lightning just before the playoffs, and he's not gonna be back in anything less than a month. Sure sounds like Stamkos has played his last game with the Lightning.

Add to that the fact that Anton Stralman is out 4-6 weeks with a non-displaced fracture to his left leg, a loss that may be almost as big for the Lightning as that of Stamkos, and the fact that Drouin had started to play well in Syracuse, and it looks a lot more likely than it did last month.

Drouin didn't play in the last game for the Crunch, though, and is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, so that might complicate things.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jonathan-drouin-call-up/c-280107656

thanks for the update, Jon. I was completely oblivious to Stammer's issue.

thanks for the update, Jon. I was completely oblivious to Stammer's issue.

Seemed odd to me that it wasn't a huge story - I thought that, with all the other big-name athletes with blood-clot issues - Chris Bosh in the NBA, Brian Vickers in NASCAR - that more would be made of it. Maybe the situation with Stamkos' free-agent status had something to do with that?