The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
catamount-ch1

What happened to Damon's?

This is what I was told. Damon's is owned by one person and the land is owned by someone else. Apparently the person who owns the land did not pay their taxes and so because Damon's is on that land, it got closed down. Not sure if that is right, but that is what I was told.

This is what I was told. Damon's is owned by one person and the land is owned by someone else. Apparently the person who owns the land did not pay their taxes and so because Damon's is on that land, it got closed down. Not sure if that is right, but that is what I was told.

Well could someone please tell the greedy land owner (who uses the land to charge for game parking)to sell the darn property cause we could really use a few pre/post game options around the arena. Maybe it will go into a forclosure auction....hmmmm...nope, don't need another job.

Well could someone please tell the greedy land owner (who uses the land to charge for game parking)to sell the darn property cause we could really use a few pre/post game options around the arena. Maybe it will go into a forclosure auction....hmmmm...nope, don't need another job.

I agree. I'm interested in drinking a different kind of pre/post game "frosty" than the one I can get at Wendy's, the only current option! :)

I agree. I'm interested in drinking a different kind of pre/post game "frosty" than the one I can get at Wendy's, the only current option! :)

Hahah, yeah, even with the candy mix-ins those frosty's just aren't the same ;)

Hahah, yeah, even with the candy mix-ins those frosty's just aren't the same ;)

I've heard rumors they've closed for good and their number is disconnected. I was going to eat there before the game Saturday, nice to have a place within walking distance (other than Wendy's....).

From what I have been told, RBC Centura foreclosed on the property. There was an owner's dispute and they weren't paying their bank note.

From what I have been told, RBC Centura foreclosed on the property. There was an owner's dispute and they weren't paying their bank note.

Caniac97, loving your avatar.

"Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn'nt go fishing with the man but, he gets to close, I'll drive him into the wall."

That's a real bummer. I was looking forward to trying their food... now I guess I'll never get to. :(

Caniac97, loving your avatar.

"Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn'nt go fishing with the man but, he gets to close, I'll drive him into the wall."

Poor fella... he has no idea.

Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn'nt go fishing with the man but, he gets to close, I'll drive him into the wall.

Poor fella... he has no idea.

"Listen, go-cart track, grocery store, those remote controlled boats; when it comes to Mike Wallace the story ends with me putting him in the wall."

Lauren Wallace says he is:

"100 miles away and ready to strike"

"lightning in a bottle"

Kinda seems like this thread is getting off topic. Do need more places around the RBC Center, though.

I hope they reopen again...just as long as they learn that burgers aren't supposed to be pink

I know the "law" says so, but I love my burgers still mooing.