The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2016 Off-Season Talk

3 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Realm, unrelated, but I'm wondering if you've already noticed something, which I did the other day, about the team Zykov played for in the Q. I think might make you an immediate fan.

Ignore me while i try to get the quoting to work correctly.  Growing pains with the new-look forum i guess, never had problems before.

Anyway, yep, i'm a fan.  Just like that...

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

But i can quote Lake properly.  Not sure what's up with that...

Maybe they incorporated artificial intelligence that evaluates the value of whatever you're trying to quote and gives a red or green light based on it's interpretation?  :lol:

1 minute ago, LakeLivin said:

Maybe they incorporated artificial intelligence that evaluates the value of whatever you're trying to quote and gives a red or green light based on it's interpretation?  :lol:

That's probably it.  So are you keeping up with penalty minutes this season?  I dig it...

Edited by realmdrakkar

11 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Ignore me while i try to get the quoting to work correctly.

Clicking the WORD "Quote" quotes the full text of the subject post. If you click the "+" next to it, you the multi-quote option. What I like (and what I did above) is that if you select just the text you want within the OP's comment, you get a "quote" option that floats above the selected text. Simply click it to get your new compose box with only the selected matter at the top.

Well Canes Country is certainly entertaining this morning.  There is this dude there that isn't sold on this team and is being attacked for not agreeing with the vast majority.  Thank God we are all civil here and do not resort to personal attacks.

45 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Well Canes Country is certainly entertaining this morning.  There is this dude there that isn't sold on this team and is being attacked for not agreeing with the vast majority.  Thank God we are all civil here and do not resort to personal attacks.

Yes, thank God. Around here we actually challenge people to back up such assertions with sound information. Unfortunately, they tend to refuse--because they've got nothing. 

Edit: Although, from where I sit, it looks like the exact same thing is happening over there, and that a self-proclaimed DisgruntledCaniac doesn't like it.

Edited by top-shelf-1

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Clicking the WORD "Quote" quotes the full text of the subject post. If you click the "+" next to it, you the multi-quote option. What I like (and what I did above) is that if you select just the text you want within the OP's comment, you get a "quote" option that floats above the selected text. Simply click it to get your new compose box with only the selected matter at the top.

For some reason though, when i did that it said i was quoting remkin and would not let me type beneath it.  I'm going to say it was a one-time bug though because it's worked correctly since then, including here.  I do like being able to select just the text i want, though... very nice!

47 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

That poor guy.  He seems to be getting pounded largely because he can't and won't back up his allegations.  When presented with facts that don't align with his opinion, he just moves the discussion somewhere else.  Thank God that doesn't happen here.

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Clicking the WORD "Quote" quotes the full text of the subject post.

You can also highlight a word or sentence in the body of the text and when you move your cursor away a quote this bubble pops up. If you click it then you only quote the sentence you highlighted

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

You can also highlight a word or sentence in the body of the text and when you move your cursor away a quote this bubble pops up. If you click it then you only quote the sentence you highlighted

Dude. Read my whole post.

Looks like somebody is loving that new feature a little too much! :lol:

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Dude. Read my whole post.

Looks like somebody is loving that new feature a little too much! :lol:

Sorry, just trying to be helpful. I do like that feature a lot. Now back to talking hockey.

OT, but someone please help me. I can't figure out how to find the message board on the newly redesigned website. I have a link on my iPad that still takes me to the message board, but can't figure out how to get to it from the main page on other computers or devices. Could someone please explain? Thanks.

8 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

OT, but someone please help me. I can't figure out how to find the message board on the newly redesigned website. I have a link on my iPad that still takes me to the message board, but can't figure out how to get to it from the main page on other computers or devices. Could someone please explain? Thanks.

I have found at full screen on some computer the pull downs in the menu don't  work. At full screen on the main message board page there should be a pull down (far left)  marked Sections. Click on that and a menu pulls down on the left. Scroll down to  fans zone and a menu appears where you can click message board and you should be on the message board.

If you want to use the pull down menus across the top and they aren't working you will need to step down your screen size. You should have an option on your browser under view to zoom in or out, zoom out and the pull downs across the top of the message board should work.

An alternative method is on a PC, the control key and minus (-) key will step it down in stages. You may need to do this 2 or 3 times before the pull downs work. To return to a bigger screen image control and +. I think on a mac it would be apple key or command key and +. or in your browser tool bar menus view and zoom in.

Much of this talk should really probably be in the 'website changes' thread, but with the off-season being over it doesn't much matter i reckon...

(i say that knowing full well that i was probably the biggest culprit in bringing said discussion here...)

23 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Much of this talk should really probably be in the 'website changes' thread, but with the off-season being over it doesn't much matter i reckon...

(i say that knowing full well that i was probably the biggest culprit in bringing said discussion here...)

I agree that it should be in the Website Changes topic but in this early stage I thought any help a member who is having trouble I would try to address. I have given myself a slap on the wrist. Find Website Changes topic here

Canes, FOX Sports Carolinas Unveil 16-17 TV Schedule

RALEIGH, NC - FOX Sports Carolinas and the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes today announced that 81 of the team's 82 regular-season games during the 2016-17 season will be televised by the regional sports network.