The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2016 Off-Season Talk

All three cam play all three forward positions, but I believe Peters has said Lindy will center.

I think the hope is that Nesty is ready to go with Staal and Nordy, but that, given his injury, he might need fewer minutes to get into game shape. If that happens, I'm hopeful PDG gets that slot. Michael Smith guesses Stalberg is slotted on the fourth, and it's an open question whether Bickell makes the team, although the org is saying the right things.  

Hmmm....

Skinner-Rask-Stempniak. The SRS Line? We hope they get serious.... ;-)

The one nice thing about the Linds & Finns line is on faceoffs, of course - Lindy gets chased, Aho or TT can be coached up to do the job....

Hmmm....

Skinner-Rask-Stempniak. The SRS Line? We hope they get serious.... ;-)

The one nice thing about the Linds & Finns line is on faceoffs, of course - Lindy gets chased, Aho or TT can be coached up to do the job....

The face off point is a good one, and Peters actually mentioned it when talking about that line.

In my head I look at the Linds and Finns line as our third line. Maybe not right, but it's how I see it. That could develop into an outstanding third line, maybe even the best in the NHL.

But that sort of makes the SRS line our top scoring line. It will be interesting to see how productive that line will be. If Skinner is consistent, Stempniak gets back to last year's level, and Rask takes a step up, it could be really good. It probably won't be the best top line in hockey, but given how Jordans's line tends to match the top line, basically having two other scoring lines will be the difference.

Edited by remkin

So we have 3 2nd lines full.of highly versatile interchangeable forwards. That's my impression.

That's fair at this point. It is possible that one of the lines establishes itself as more of a first line.

I do think that Js line's ability to hold even w/ the other team's top line, even if it's through checking, is an important aspect of why this can work.

A long gone poster: TeamJelly was very early on the idea that we might pick Lindholm, but most of the board, yours truly included were more interested in Nichushkin or trading down.

I am still lurking around here almost daily.  I just never post anymore.  I definately commend you digging through that old lengthy thread, which is why I decided to post something.  At that time I definitely thought Lindholm would be a greater offensive force by now, but he is still VERY young. This could definitely be his make or break year.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and prove we did not make a mistake with the #5 overall pick. 

teamjelly!

Good to hear from you.

Yeah re reading that thread, we were all pining for Nichushikin or others and you had a nice post about Lindholm real early on.

As you know reading here, quite a few of us think this could be his year.

Don't be a stranger.

Edited by remkin

So would you rather have Nich or Lindy right here and now at this juncture?

Between those two, I would take Lindy pretty easily. He is a more versatile player and seems more likely to break out soon, in my opinion. I was on the fence between those two at the time of the draft, but I definitely did NOT want Monahan. Shows what I know...

ok, I know that this doesn't go in this thread but I'm not sure where it fits, and it's entertaining, so I'll throw it here anyways:

This was part of an exhibition (it's technically not legal if anyone is wondering).

Edited by LakeLivin

Between those two, I would take Lindy pretty easily. He is a more versatile player and seems more likely to break out soon, in my opinion. I was on the fence between those two at the time of the draft, but I definitely did NOT want Monahan. Shows what I know...

I was all over us taking Nichols. We will see how Lindy does this season.

teamjelly is kind of a proxy for the entire fanbase.  They are still out there, they just need something to get excited about.

Hope this is the year...

teamjelly is kind of a proxy for the entire fanbase.  They are still out there, they just need something to get excited about.

Hope this is the year...

Yes, but I actually have full season tickets. 

Off topic, but it is too far quiet here for people to not be having trouble so reset your password if you can't login. (I had to)

See also here:    http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/23622-signon-problem-and-update-password-request/

Back to your regularly scheduled deathly quiet.

Edited by hag65

Thanks for the workaround, OBX, but it didn't work for me, probably because my email address of record was not current. This the member formerly (and hopefully at some point in the future, to again be) known as top-shelf-1, and here is my full report, in hopes it might help others for whom updating email info at internet forums has not yet scaled the list of priorities. (Let alone made the list at all, as was the case for me!)

When the nhl.com site didn't recognize my current email address, I entered my prior one, and landed on a page where I could re-enter my password, but which also wanted an "email verification code." Since my old addy is defunct, I had no code to enter. That being said - and purely in hopes of helping my fellow users here and the webmeister(s) at nhl.com - I never received a message that a verification email had been sent. Not only that, but the first time, I landed at a page which was initially WITHOUT - I am 80 percent confident of that - a field for entering any code; I only remember seeing two for entering/re-entering my new password. I naturally figured I was in the clear, I'd put in the new password and be in business. The new password was accepted for strength, but when I clicked to confirm the change I got a message about the missing verification code--and voila, a field for entering one!

Even if I'm mis-remembering that detail and the verification code field was there from the jump, if that's how the NHL expects users to figure out that a code was sent - by simply taking them to a page with a field for one, rather than including a note atop it saying one was sent and to which email address - that is beyond clunky. Which, by now, was NOT adjective escaping my pie hole. 

Okay, so clearly I needed to create a new account, so I could at least sign in here and let people know what happened for me and, I assume, those others who, like me, would rather eat salad with radish roses created in the shower by Cosmo Kramer than update their internet forum email records. And based on how quiet things here were prior to Hag's post and since, I'm guessing it's almost a movement, the "Yo, Cosmo, are you sure this is ranch dressing" society.

Fortunately creating this (hopefully temporary) account was marginally better, but only because it ultimately worked. And not without some hard work along the half-wall.

After going thru the account-creation process, I got what looked, for a nanosecond, like a profile page--which immediately went gray, except, of course, for the 'NHL MESSAGE FORUM" (or some such) header. To actually access my visible profile page, I had to go back to the nhl.com main screen. It recognized me, and when I chose "My Account" (I think) I could access the profile. BUT, I could not enter a username. That only happened - and was required - when I came back here. 

For what it's worth to whatever webmeister(s) might use this for troubleshooting, I'm on a MacBook Air running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.5 and accessing the web through Google Chrome.

If an admin here at the Canes boards will PM me at this new account, I'll provide my updated email address for entry by you and we'll see whether updating it populates over to NHL.com, and thereby allows me to update the password for, and still use, my t-s-1 account.

Thanks all, and I hope some of this proves helpful for others.

Edited by top-shelf-2

It's so bad the Big Guy is too bored to drink.

I got so bored I had to pull this DVD and watched it the other day:

https://www.amazon.com/NHL-Stanley-Cup-2005-2006-Champions/dp/B000FA57HQ

It's cheap now, but if you don't want to buy it, the basic content is available on YouTube:

Tonight I got my Canadian fix by watching CFL Thursday NIght Football - Montreal Alouettes v. BC Lions. Alouettes fell apart in the second half and lost 35-18.

I've been spending my hockey time revisiting the recent draft.

I've revisited scouting reports, video highlights, ISS and CSS draft rankings, media rankings, and mock drafts.

I've concluded that Jake Bean had the highest offensive upside of any defenseman in the drat and I think this is an underrated pick due to our current depth at D.

Hope everyone's sign in issues aren't like Tops.

I think its time we bump the size debate thread and debate all these sizeable guys the Canes are drafting to keep the size debate going.

The many faces of Kirk Muller the bafoon discussion was like a kick in the cods.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Hope everyone's sign in issues aren't like Tops.

Me too--and they're not any better this morning.

In fact, I can't sign in - with this new account or the old one - here at the Canes site at all. I had to go to NHL.com. The sign-in process worked fine there, and after it did, I refreshed the Canes home page and -voila - was signed in here as well.

Frustrating. Why can't the IT crowd leave things that are working just fine alone?

Me too--and they're not any better this morning.

In fact, I can't sign in - with this new account or the old one - here at the Canes site at all. I had to go to NHL.com. The sign-in process worked fine there, and after it did, I refreshed the Canes home page and -voila - was signed in here as well.

Frustrating. Why can't the IT crowd leave things that are working just fine alone?

It was a real pain because it looks like you are entering your password wrong, but in reality it's just hosed.

And there are still very few people logged in, so very few of us have worked around it at this point.  You can tell on the lower left by how many anonymous users and guests there are vs members logged in.  At one point yesterday there were 15 guests.  This is not how it typically is.