• Announcements

• OBXer

Use email address to sign-on   11/17/2016

If your email doesn't work for sign-on use contact us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message
Sign in to follow this  
surfzone365

Road Games

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Well...if I can somehow convince my wife to head down to Dallas right after getting off a plane back to OKC from Cincy next month, we MIGHT get to the Stars/Canes game in Dallas...but I doubt it. 

Other than that, I doubt I'll catch the boys on the road at all this season.

If I recall, you made that game last year right?  Other than us losing, how did you like the Dallas experience?  I know that arena gets inundated with opposing teams' fans too.  I can't think it was a hostile crowd.

12 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Wanted to re-kindle this thread to see if any fellow Caniacs have road plans this season.

What - exactly - are these "plans" things you speak of??

Welcome back surf. No plans past opening night in Raleigh just yet, although I nearly broke down and bought the Jackets game the following Tuesday along with it. 

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

What - exactly - are these "plans" things you speak of?

Greetings top. I hope you've had a fun and prosperous summer.  Hoping when the blades hit the ice, some of us will be able to hit the road (or skies). I wanted to make it to Barclay's this year but not sure if the Isles have a home yet?? 

51 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Greetings top. I hope you've had a fun and prosperous summer.  Hoping when the blades hit the ice, some of us will be able to hit the road (or skies). I wanted to make it to Barclay's this year but not sure if the Isles have a home yet?? 

Not sure the Isles know, either. Last recent news I've seen on it is still that the renegotiation talks began in Early May. Has anyone else seen anything since? 

32 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Not sure the Isles know, either. Last recent news I've seen on it is still that the renegotiation talks began in Early May. Has anyone else seen anything since? 

The last I heard the Isles were looking at Belmont NY. That would mean a few years out. Barclay's has stated that they have no plans for renovations to make the arena a more enjoyable hockey experience. 

I think the Isles have two more seasons at the Barclay's  Center. After 2018/19 seasom they need a new home. New arena at Belmont LI seems to be the favored alternative but a redone Nassau Coliseum or a arena next to Citi Field have been mentioned. 

2 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

If I recall, you made that game last year right?  Other than us losing, how did you like the Dallas experience?  I know that arena gets inundated with opposing teams' fans too.  I can't think it was a hostile crowd.

I go to Stars games quite a bit...in fact, I'm headed down there for the first game of the season (which'll be Vegas's first EVER regular season game)...there's always a lot of opposing fans in the stands because of the large swath of the Metroplex...but the Stars fans are usually great and rarely nasty (alcoholics being the exception).

39 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I think the Isles have two more seasons at the Barclay's  Center. After 2018/19 seasom they need a new home. New arena at Belmont LI seems to be the favored alternative but a redone Nassau Coliseum or a arena next to Citi Field have been mentioned. 

Thanks OBX. Did a little more digging and it looks like Barclays can terminate then, while the Isles have the option to leave after the coming season ends if they like:

"The team and the arena have a 25-year lease, but the Barclays Center could get out of the deal after the 2018-19 season. If the Islanders terminated the lease, they could leave after next season. The Islanders and Barclays have an unusual agreement in which the arena pays the team $53.5 million a year in exchange for business operations, which includes tickets and suite sales."

update:

changed the travel plans in October to include a stopover in Dallas on the 21st...soooooooo...Canes vs. Stars = TICKETS ARE MINE!!!

But I'm 0-2 in seeing them win at the AAC...and 1-8 overall at road games.

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

update:

changed the travel plans in October to include a stopover in Dallas on the 21st...soooooooo...Canes vs. Stars = TICKETS ARE MINE!!!

But I'm 0-2 in seeing them win at the AAC...and 1-8 overall at road games.

But a new day has dawned. You will see nothing but Cane wins now!

Well, looks like Chicago might finally get knocked off the list...January 20th vs. Isles...and then we're coming to Raleigh the next night for the Vegas game (cause it's been nearly 3 years since we were last there).  :D