The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Poll: Would You Trade Justin Faulk?

Would you trade Justin Faulk?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Justin Faulk for either Matt Duchene or Leon Draisaitl??

• Strong Yes
    • Yes
    • Not Sure
    • No
    • Strong No

Funny, I don't know when the Vollman piece went up, but just as today's deal with the 'hawks was being announced, I was posting the following over on the Draft thread:

"I could see doing a deal with Edmonton for Eberle or Hall or RNH straight up for Faulk, but I don't like the idea. I agree with those who think it's too early to trade Faulk; we just don't know what Wiz has left in the tank coming back from injury, and our next D-wave isn't there yet. But I also think that, if anybody can wrest one of those elite forwards from EDM for Murphy, McKeown and a bag of pucks, it's RF--and I'm okay with letting either/both of them skate."

I'll be stunned if RF lets Faulk go this summer, and surprised, albeit less so, if it happens anytime prior to the summer before the final year on his current deal, when he'll still be just 27. I believe RF is committed to guys playing out their contracts and seeing what they become. Even though the Faulk deal was one of the last on JR's watch, I have to think RF was intimately involved, and I think he believes Faulk can still become the total package. Even if he doesn't, he certainly doesn't hurt you in any sort of serially bad way, and the physicality and offensive upside he brings is going to be very hard to replace before Fleury is ready.

I'll be stunned if RF lets Faulk go this summer, and surprised, albeit less so, if it happens anytime prior to the summer before the final year on his current deal, when he'll still be just 27. I believe RF is committed to guys playing out their contracts and seeing what they become.

I'm glad you posted this Top.

I've been a little reluctant to put this out here but I've always considered what the impact of a Faulk trade would have on negotiations with our current and future RFA's.

If you follow what I'm getting at.

I've been a little reluctant to put this out here but I've always considered what the impact of a Faulk trade would have on negotiations with our current and future RFA's.

Absolutely. Guy's a two-time all-star and that's how you thank him??

Not the best signal to send those rising thru the ranks.

Absolutely. Guy's a two-time all-star and that's how you thank him??

Not the best signal to send those rising thru the ranks.

Exceptional points.  I didn't really think about that angle.

In a similar vein I wonder if the move for TT and the promise of young Sea Bass might play a role in possibly enticing a bigish time UFA forward of note our way...

Edited by remkin

In a similar vein I wonder if the move for TT and the promise of young Sea Bass might play a role in possibly enticing a bigish time UFA forward of note our way...

Yes, but I still think what trumps (ugh) all that is BP, RF and Roddy. We've got the coach who won the IIHF Championship, one of the best scoring forwards of all time, and a grinder who parlayed hard work into a ring. Add the young talent to that and I think Raleigh looks very good to a lot of guys.