The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2016 IIHF World Championship

Bummer way to end the tourney for US getting whipped by Russia 7-2.  Too bad.  I will say whenever I saw Hannifin he looked good; a few unforced errors here and there but overall such a confident looking skater.  Glad he's ours.

Lets see if Kinetico spokesman Bill Peters has a game plan to solve the Fins who humbled Canada 4-0 a few days ago.

Being a dual citizen I have to say its just a total disgrace that not one network in the US showed the US games.  NBS Sports showing Mecum Auctions instead. Thats pathetic.  Hockey is so third world in the US when it comes to exposure.  If the US was playing for gold today it would have been only a live stream. Meanwhile TSN has televised all of Canada's games plus several others.   

Solid effort Canada winning Gold.  Shut down a tough Fin team.  We're lucky to have Bill Peters coaching the Canes.  Understatement to say he knows how to coach and take a 4-0 loss to the same team and turn it into a 2-0 Gold medal win. 

Watched the game on live stream and for what its worth some of the Canadian players said they were lucky to beat the US squad yesterday and wondered did they look as bad on tv as they felt they were on the ice.

World Cup of Hockey in Toronto in September will be an incredible tourney with best players in the world.  Peters will be an assistant to Babcock. Cheapest nosebleeds for the Canada/US game at the Air Canada Center are $216.00US. Lower bowl cheapest start in the low $400.00's for this one game.  I've got tickets for the U23 North American boys playing Russia - looking forward to seeing Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel playing on the same team against the Ruskies.  Wonder if any of the US networks will be able to squeeze this tourney on tv in between re-runs of Seinfeld... 

Edited by raleighcaniac

And for more entertainment, here's the two goals called by a Finnish announcer

https://streamable.com/7wlu

https://streamable.com/6imh

Next time Forslund has a conflict i want them to get that guy to call the game.

Like many of us, i hope RF/BP don't count on Aho being the next big guy in the top 6, but rather cover the top 6 otherwise and make him earn it first.  Like many of us, i hope he quickly does and pushes the sure thing to the third or fourth lines.  From everything i've seen, i think he will.  An extremely bright spot in the forward ranks.

Edited by realmdrakkar