The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Peters Talks Worlds, Aho and Canes

Bill Peters met with the media

CanesVision

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes 2h2 hours ago

Peters on Francis and potential moves at the draft: "Just watch him work the magic."

Peters on Aho: "I'd be shocked if he comes in and can't make our hockey team from what I've seen from him."

Peters on the Samuelsson hire: "For me, that's a fantastic hire. It adds to our organizational strength.

For the Canes going forward, Peters emphasized speed and scoring. In addition to (hopefully) winning hockey, we may be in for some fun hockey as well. 

He de-emphasized goaltending.  Said he'd be comfortable with Ward if it works out that way (although I guess he couldn't really say otherwise).

Edited by LakeLivin

The general goaltending comment was a little strange.  I did think the hit the nail on the head with Ward - slow starts in games, i.e. get your head out of your *** and be ready to play.

The general goaltending comment was a little strange.  I did think the hit the nail on the head with Ward - slow starts in games, i.e. get your head out of your *** and be ready to play.

Yep. Showing up in mid to late December to play a sport that's season started about 3 months earlier is no bueno.

I really think that's Wards biggest issue: staying focused all game every game and thus limiting the softies. When he does that he can play great for long stretches.

But in the end can he do it over a whole season?

I really think that's Wards biggest issue: staying focused all game every game and thus limiting the softies. When he does that he can play great for long stretches.

But in the end can he do it over a whole season?

If he hasn't managed to do it yet (he hasn't), the future seems cloudy...