The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

PK lawsuit and Relocation rumors - what does it mean for the Hurricanes

Not sure how this affects things..

I don't no either but I'm gonna guess it can't be good.

Well, this added uncertainty will help with recruiting UFA's this summer. Way to go, PK.

PK is such a dudeman.

We like our group.

Darned straight.

Filial piety at its utmost. Gorgeous.

My guess is PK can keep his boys in court for as long he likes, and probably will. If the rift that landed Jason in Pittsburgh with JR wasn't obvious, it sure is now.

Hey Folks, doesn't anyone want to discuss this article?  It was in the morning paper in your front yard.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article81193117.html

No.  Back at you.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/karmanos-lawsuit-kicks-up-a-hurricane-of-questions/15747848/

Also, the Centennial Authority weighed in (see Chip Alexander's twitter), as well as the league (specifically Bill Daly).

Edited by coastal_caniac

I Put the PK lawsuit rumblings in one place for those who wish to discuss what it might mean for the Hurricanes.

I know I said upthread that I didn't want to discuss this, but I would like to make one statement about the lawsuit:

At present, the only reason this lawsuit has anything to do with the Hurricanes is that the Karmanos Kidz put the team name in the legal papers. Until such time as the legal process ends, the effect on the Hurricanes is nil, IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV. Hell, I don't even play one at home.

Certain traditionalists don't want the sport to grow - they don't want anyone to like hockey unless they are Canadian or live in one of about a half-dozen cities north of the 40th parallel.  The fact anyone south of that line has even heard of the sport of hockey is an embarrassment or something.  When Chicago was averaging 13000 fans a decade ago, it was because they were a losing team.  When Detroit was averaging 13000 in the early-'80s, it was because the were a losing team.  Edmonton in the mid-'90s.  Vancouver had freaking playoff games in the mid-'80s where they failed to bring in 10000 fans.  But when Carolina averages 13000, it's because it's a 'bad hockey market'.

Meh.

Certain traditionalists don't want the sport to grow - they don't want anyone to like hockey unless they are Canadian or live in one of about a half-dozen cities north of the 40th parallel.  The fact anyone south of that line has even heard of the sport of hockey is an embarrassment or something.  When Chicago was averaging 13000 fans a decade ago, it was because they were a losing team.  When Detroit was averaging 13000 in the early-'80s, it was because the were a losing team.  Edmonton in the mid-'90s.  Vancouver had freaking playoff games in the mid-'80s where they failed to bring in 10000 fans.  But when Carolina averages 13000, it's because it's a 'bad hockey market'.

Meh.

I'm sure that personal mobility just makes those traditionalists foam at the mouth. How dare those people from Detroit, Toronto, Boston, New York, or Montreal actually move south of the Mason-Dixon Line! ;)

(AP) - For immediate Release

Quebec City to to be Relocated to North Carolina

Quebec City is to be relocated to North Carolina in 2017, confidential sources recently disclosed.

Citing the weak Canadian dollar, struggling industry, and a general lack of interest in staying in Canada, the source said, "It hasn't been publically released yet, but a recent voter initiative showed that a majority of Quebec City residents favored relocation of our entire city to North Carolina."

Also cited as a driving force was the failure of local investors to secure an NHL franchise. "Rather than keep trying to get an NHL team to come here, we decided to move near a city where we can get cheap tickets on StubHub."

While most NC residents express doubt and dismiss this as a rumor, several commuters were recently overheard at the RDU International Airport speaking French, adding to the speculation. Also, a recent uptick in French language enrollment by students in Wake County strengthened the case.

The actual new location of Quebec City has not been disclosed, although rumors place it somewhere between Lizard Lick and Bunn.

"No matter what they do, I ain't a calling this place 'the square'" one local was heard to say. "As far as I'm concerned, they can just go on over the other way to Rooshia"

This pretty much kills it I think.

Pretty funny Hag!

Believe it or not, I was in Quebec City a few years ago and it is very beautiful, in July anyway. I'm sure we could find a spot for it.